iOS Clicks - Keyboard for iPhone

KAKAN

Disciple
What do you guys think about Clicks?

MrMobile made a video about it.

It's kind of weird to me that it starts from $139, a price range where you can buy a 65% Keychron mech keyboard, _and_ stuff like the Pinephone Keyboard. The latter is not exactly comparable, since its more like a mini-keyboard stuck into a mini-sized case, but I still feel like $139 is a lot for something that you can't use beyond a single generation of a device. Maybe if it was modular, and you could take out the keyboard from the case for easy upgradibility or something, the price could be justified?

Before it starts sounding like a rant, I'll just say that I love physical keyboards, and have used Blackberrys in the past, and I love them still.

While searching a bit more, I found two more alternatives:

The latter can be bought on AliExpress, which... I have no experience with, tbh :p

That being said, does anyone else know any other custom keyboard project? I'd love to DIY one and the Fairberry looks the closest to what I could realistically hope to achieve (need to find a replacement keyboard though lol)

That being said, I think one of the people involved in Clicks also developed the Typo keyboard, which got sued to death by Blackberry iirc

I don't understand why there is a need for a physical keyboard. BB was cool when it was launched, but sadly the tech is now old-school and kind of obsolete. This is a move to just milk the hype among the fanboys, who show off for the sake of being cool and churn out more money.

I don't understand why there is a need for a physical keyboard. BB was cool when it was launched, but sadly the tech is now old-school and kind of obsolete. This is a move to just milk the hype among the fanboys, who show off for the sake of being cool and churn out more money.
It's fun!
And nostalgic, for some.

It is true that I'm likely both faster and sometimes more accurate on virtual keyboard compared to tiiny physical ones, I'd still like a physical one just for the novelty of it. Of course, that doesn't mean I can just spend that much money on it. Anything above ₹2000 would be too much, since I already have a K480 that I use with my phone.

Back