Checkout New Nokia 6110 : The 1st REAL GPS receiver from Nokia

nokia-6110-navi_clip_image010.jpg

The Nokia 6110 Navigator is Nokia's first dedicated smartphone aimed specifically towards the navigation market. Consumers can view their current location on the map, search for destinations, find specific routes, or locate services such as restaurants, hotels or shops that are nearby. The Nokia 6110 Navigator is an ideal tool for 3G multimedia, enabling real-time video sharing and video calls, as well as a 2.0-megapixel camera with a dedicated capture key, panorama mode, and integrated flash. For extra protection, the camera lens is covered by a protection slide, keeping the images crystal clear.

Looks like pretty normal to me, the SLider design is getting boring..:p
nokia-6110-navi_clip_image008.jpg

Nokia 6110 Navigator Features

* Navigation system and local maps pre-installed on the memory card
* Use turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation directly from the Nokia 6110 Navigator
* Access maps and location information quickly and easily with the dedicated Navigator key
* Download maps quickly and surf the web via high-speed 3.5G
* View maps, navigation guidance, and location information clearly on the 2.2-inch QVGA TFT color screen
* Take snapshots of places using the 2.0-megapixel camera with panoramic mode
* Keep images crystal clear with the sliding lens protector
* Listen to text messages and email read aloud with Message Reader, with quick access from the My Own key

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

The GPS LOGO...It comes with pre installed maps and more can be downloaded. Plus a hardware button to activate GPS...:eek:hyeah:
nokia-6110-navi_clip_image007.jpg

nokia-6110-navi_clip_image038.jpg

The 2 MP Cam : Pretty normal, nowadays...Look at the cover, reminds me of the k750i..:p
nokia-6110-navi_clip_image030.jpg

Overall, this seems to be the affordable version of the N95..the price in India will decide if its a good buy...:hap5:
Tech Specs :
User.gif

Courtesy : GSM ARENA And Mobile-reviews.com
For more Information, u can check out the review of this phone here...

Design of the phone looks pretty old

And could anybody explain about the real GPS thing.

Doesnt N95 have a GPS receiver ?

.. and just a 2 Mp cam..3.2 would have been better

^^Man, agree with ya..looks pretty bland to me...but the feature set is awesome..and if its available for around 15-16k, it'll be a gr8 buy given tht it has all tht the n95 has, except for the cam...

Actually the Real GPS thing is a bit tricky...the site says so cos, i think, it has a hardware button for navigating gps maps, comes loaded with lots of maps unlike the n95, and it has a better download feature for more maps from a dedicated site, which is better than the one used in n95...

I think given the 2mp cam, it shud be slotted in the mid range, ie. around 15-7k...it cud even be less..it has been launched in a few markets, lets see, when it reaches indian shores..:)

Dont hav much idea but i liked de design as well ya it isnt de most beautifull lukin fone but at da same time not that bad.when this fone will b available in de market?i m really lukin to get this fone as soon as its available if its under 15k else will wait for few months.

Do we need to Subscribe for this GPS thing. Like pay some amount per month to any service provider or do we just need a GPS receiver?

also the first time nokia used the same model no twice. i had a nokia 6110 like 8 years back and boy was that diffrent from this,.

Roxtin said:
Do we need to Subscribe for this GPS thing. Like pay some amount per month to any service provider or do we just need a GPS receiver?

AFAIK, the phone comes preloaded with a lot of maps and more can be downloaded from smart2go.com which provides free maps...as such no paid subscription required..:)Thsi feature can be used on any smartphone without GPS receiver too, but if ur phone has a GPS receiver, it'll help you with turn by turn guidance instead of just showing the maps..:)

^^The smart2go site includes india in its list of supported countries..so prolly maps of big cities like Bbay, delhi, blore etc. shud be available..check out the site, smart2go.com..:)

Back