Career Choices in Systems Science / Complex Systems

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Hi everyone,

I have been working in financial services in risk analysis / treasury management for 13 years. In making sense of the pandemic during my attempts at tracking risks due to the pandemic, one thing led to another and I ended up reading a fair bit of scientific literature, which ultimately got me interested in system sciences/ complex systems.

Last year, I applied for and got admitted into MS-Systems science in Binghamton university via the online route. I am liking what I am learning and can already see immense room to implement systems approach to what I do, to assess and manage risks better. That said, there is hardly much recognition of systems science in finance in India.

Keen to check in any of you can share perspectives on career opportunities in India where I could apply systems science / complex systems related knowledge.

Please also feel free to share any thoughts on the alternative of moving to Europe or US for a PhD after completing my MS. I am also contemplating if it is a good idea to move to US to do the MS course full time, although its a difficult choice as I am pretty happy with the quality of learning through the online mode, and it saves me a ton of money.

Regards

Back