Buying a new PC for my cousin: 20k

SwOrd_K

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
No..He will be buying a new PC.
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Buying a new PC,so can't have one to keep:eek:hyeah:

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Not sure
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
RAM - 2gb kingston
HDD - 500gd WD
DVDRW
Speakers - 2.1 iball tarang
Smps- not sure
Monitor - any 19' lcd

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Not for next 2-3 yrs atleast

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Watching movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Not really,but i have heard that asus mobo are good in performance and i have listened to iball tarang so i think it delivers better sound compared to any other..
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Not that much actually speaking....

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
resolution in which system doesn't lag..

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 32 bit/Xp 32 bit

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD Athlon II x2 250 2750

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 2450

RAM Corsair 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz 900

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 1950

GPU Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 4000

Monitor Dell 1920IN 5000

Cabinet Zebronics Bijli W/O PSU 1100

PSU FSP saga II 350W 1500

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650

Mouse NA -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 BXR1121 950

Total 22250

Increase the budget a bit and go for the rig with a dedicated GPU like the HD5670 if you want any kind of decent gaming performance. The HD5670 is perfect for a ~18.5" monitor.

I am not sure how good the basic tarang 2.1 is. So wait for other to comment on it.

DarkAngel said:
^If Intel then wait for the Sandy Bridge pentium dual cores to hit the market.

Man, I've been hearing this for some time. Are they that good, when are they actually gonna release? And wont the prices be high for a new product?
PoBoy said:
^ ITWares "G620 + ASUS P8H61-M LE - 6675/- ".

getting it this week.

Err.. What? Does these means the new SB Dual Core are already released???

niteshkhatri said:
Man, I've been hearing this for some time. Are they that good, when are they actually gonna release? And wont the prices be high for a new product?
Err.. What? Does these means the new SB Dual Core are already released???
Answers to questions --

1) Yes, the Sandy-Bridge dual-cores are like AMD Athlon IIx4 class processors, but with an IGP on them (rumors abound that it is the HD 3000), basically Intel is trying to undercut AMD's budget offering, only time and pricing / performance on offer will show which is better AMD Llano OR Intel Dual-Core Sandy-Bridge.

2) It seems so, though the ITWares site hasn't been updated with them.

PoBoy said:
^ ITWares "G620 + ASUS P8H61-M LE - 6675/- ".

getting it this week.
Nice. So the G620 costs ~3.2k. Decent pricing. When are they expected to hit Lammy shops? TheITWares website hasnt been updated yet

DarkAngel said:
Components Description Price (INR)

GPU Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 4000

Dude can you give me the source to get it for this price my local dealer quoting me Rs.5200 for DDR5 and Rs.4600 for DDR3 :(.

DarkAngel said:
Always check our dealer's section. TheITWares (Mumbai) and SMC Intl (Delhi) have good pricing on GPU's

http://www.techenclave.com/theitwares/sapphire-graphic-cards-best-prices-183294.html
Thank you for your information almost all other Gpus (TheITWares) are matching the price point of my local dealer but this 512mb version is not available from my local dealer.If there is any problem I am giving it to my seller he is taking care of warranty claim for me but if I buy from online seller how can I manage this part.

I could not understand one thing powercolor is not premium brand but 1gb of 5670 from powercolor is priced more than Rs.1000 rupees of sapphire :huh:.I could not decide between 5670 ddr5,6570 ddr3 because latest series gpu has HDMI 1.4a so we can use it for 3d as well.

^^ Performance of the AMD HD 6570 will not be breathtaking in 3D so discount that feature as it is will not be capable of driving a game in 3D and the HD 5*** series do not have 3D support integrated.

For the next question as long as the Sapphire card you bought is from India you can go to any service center in your vicinity that services Sapphire cards, you can details from Aditya Infotech who are responsible for Sapphire sales, A.S.S. in India -- Aditya Infotech Ltd.. This is how you can get your warranty anywhere in India, just go to their specified service center.

Hope this answers your queries.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ Performance of the AMD HD 6570 will not be breathtaking in 3D so discount that feature as it is will not be capable of driving a game in 3D and the HD 5*** series do not have 3D support integrated.

For the next question as long as the Sapphire card you bought is from India you can go to any service center in your vicinity that services Sapphire cards, you can details from Aditya Infotech who are responsible for Sapphire sales, A.S.S. in India -- Aditya Infotech Ltd.. This is how you can get your warranty anywhere in India, just go to their specified service center.

Hope this answers your queries.
I raised my question by keeping 3D movies in mind ,but you are talking about gaming 3D,we already playing 3D games what is the difference between these things and new technology.

^^ 3D games well I think they are certainly heavier on the system because to even create real-time lighting effects a decent card like AMD HD 5770 gets decimated in a game like The Witcher 2, It doesn't support 3D and I think there is a limit to what a person can stuff into his kitty in a budget.

If OP wants to game as well as watch films / rips in 3D ~ minimum ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB, else if only 3D films / rips ~ HD 6570 512MB DDR5 will suffice.

thanx for ur replies guys...

bt i have been told by my friends that AMD processors heat up and their performance degrade after some period,is that true..

wht about Intel dual core??....

Tell your friends to sign up on this forum to get some bashing from TE members for providing misleading information... :p

the AMD processors had heating issues before A.D... :p No, this generation AMD processors dont have any heating issue infact the heating issue was solved way back when AMD used to produce FX processors using 90nm node... This generation AMD processors run cooler than Intel's Nehalem/Lynnfield processors... But current Intel Sandy Bridge processors run slightly cooler than current 45nm AMD processors as they are produced using 32nm node...

I think for OP's need even a decent Llano solution can be worked out, nowhere has he said that he has problems with Intel -- it are hees friends.

AMD A6-3650 ~ 6000/- OR A8-3850 ~ 7500/-

GA-A75-S2V ~ 6000/-

Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz CL-9 4GB x 1 ~ 2500/- (as the motherboard has only two RAM Slots and as the IGP of the Llano is greatly throttled with the speed of the RAM ~ 1800 MHz RAM getting a decent lead of ~15 fps in games from standard 1333 MHz RAM, source -- http://www.anandtech.com/show/4479/amd-a83850-an-htpc-perspective)

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~ 1850/-

Samsung OEM DVD writer / reader ~ 1000/-

Rest configuration stick with what DarkAngel has provided Altec Lansing BXR 1221 is a decent speaker whose only hitch is lack of bass, but for a small room it is pretty good and provides a good amount of volume to enthrall the listener without distorting @50 % volume.

Back