Buy a Treadmill Unit

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Treadmill Suggestion Thread

Guys....

A friend of mine wants to pick up a treadmill. We have looked at the Proline brand as of now.

Horizon T105 - ~65K : 18" width of the belt.

Adventurer IV ~ 85K : 20" width of the belt.
Are there any other good brands available in India -- specially which have a good "reflex" and "support" system on the belt. Biometrics required are the basic distance/pulse/calorie burn rates vs. speed control and auto inclination.

What are other pointers which should be evaluated while picking up equipment of this caliber. Also the comfortable budget is maximum 70K.

Any other thoughts or experiences are most welcome....!

Thanks a ton in advance...! :)

Even i'm looking to buy one but at a lower budget...around 40k maybe. The OP could possibly change the title of the thread to "The Treadmill suggestions thread" or something...People who've bought treadmills before or have some knowledge please share...

Fahrenheit said:
Even i'm looking to buy one but at a lower budget...around 40k maybe. The OP could possibly change the title of the thread to "The Treadmill suggestions thread" or something...People who've bought treadmills before or have some knowledge please share...

I had seen Frontline in this range. Not sure if that brand is available in your city. Sunny Deol endorses it -- to keep an eye out for advertisements. They have 16,18,20 inch width belts. Found them sub-par honestly. But yes cheaper than Pro-Line.

Thread title changed.

^^
Seems like a Bangalore only brand. Not sure. :)

Check out Proline series. But the T105 - 65K, seemed the cheapest there.

This Sunday will be going to Lodhi Road Market area, to check another brand out. Will let you know. Overall keep in mind, that this equipment CAN damage your body if not manufactured properly. So it is safer to spend a bit more. There are quite a lot of myths surrounding tread mills, so I opened this thread for more PoV. Like for example inclination jogging should be once a week...! Consistent use can damage the knees. And ironically people try inclination on the pretext of quick weight loose. One has to warm up, use the equipment, ramp up the speed, and cool down; using exercise again.

Back