BSNL gprs . . Worth?

anish_sha

Skilled
Hi guys, i'm using airtel's mobile office for past two years and pretty satisfied wit it, now they 've increased the tariff, so think of switching to bsnl's service, as i already having a postpaid bsnl sim, i want to know following things

1. Download Speed and browsing speed i 'll get

2. Is connection problems there, like server busy most of the time etc

3. Is there any roaming costs?

4. Is there any other better service provider like idea or vodafone..

As far as I know Airtel and bsnl are the only ones providing cheap cellphone internet.

As long as your service provider in your area has edge enebled you should get speeds 16-30kbps

Bsnl gprs is worth trying.. Its 150 a month in my postpaid plan . I get speeds upto 17KBps coz of edge. And there are no extra roaming costs for gprs.

^^ is there any getting connected problem due to network busy timings? Usually in bsnl can't call during 7pm to 9pm..

Also 150 plan unlimited bandwidth?

No problems at all for me. I am happy with bsnl ! Actually mine is a government employee scheme with 250 monthly rental + 150 for unlimited gprs a month.

i use bsnl prepaid gprs. have a edge enabled phone.. costs 10paisa/KB.
get speeds of 3kBps..at max 4kBps.. for phone browsing(not tried connecting to pc)
sufficient for me to check mails and little browsing..talking of signal...quite decent.. not very good.. thr r downtimes

But coverage is excellent...In Arakku, a hill station in Andhra Pradesh.. whr no other network was present, i was having internet access :hap2:

gangulysaptak said:
i use bsnl prepaid gprs. have a edge enabled phone.. costs 10paisa/KB.
get speeds of 3kBps..at max 4kBps.. for phone browsing(not tried connecting to pc)
sufficient for me to check mails and little browsing..talking of signal...quite decent.. not very good.. thr r downtimes

But coverage is excellent...In Arakku, a hill station in Andhra Pradesh.. whr no other network was present, i was having internet access :hap2:

very costly it must be 10paise/10kb;)

Back