BSNL Fibre Issue

CasaAvoir

Recruit
I had a bsnl fibre connection which i disconnected last year i.e November 2023. Wrote them an email about getting my line disconnected and also went to their office in person to make sure it was disconnected and they assured me that it would be disconnected by next month so I didn't think much of it. Fast forward to March 9th 2024, I start receiving emails/texts/whatsapp messages from Bsnl asking me to pay 6280/- as unpaid dues. I ignored it thinking it was a scam and such but the messages kept on coming and now it started saying something about some legal proceedings at National Lok Adalat.

My question is, Should i be worried? Do i need to pay the amount even though I haven't used the connection since November 2023? For all I know, I've made sure that I cleared all my bills before requesting for a disconnection of my internet.

Do i need to pay the amount even though I haven't used the connection since November 2023? For all I know, I've made sure that I cleared all my bills before requesting for a disconnection of my internet.
Absolutely not.

Do you have the name of the person whom you spoke with? They clearly did not do their job and BSNL is liable to waive every penny off due to deficiency in service. Go down to the office again, and make it clear that you had done your part and they messed up. If they do not fix it, there will be legal proceedings against the staff/company for major deficiency in service. Give them a written warning, do not keep it solely verbal.

Case B - Don't bother and let them keep billing you till kingdom come. Not your problem. Although, they have to be given a written warning once, at least once.

I had a bsnl fibre connection which i disconnected last year i.e November 2023. Wrote them an email about getting my line disconnected and also went to their office in person to make sure it was disconnected and they assured me that it would be disconnected by next month so I didn't think much of it.
Did they gave you anything in writing or a termination letter? Merely visiting offices and having such verbal assurances hardly work these days.

Go down to the office and have this resolved. If possible, grab a hold of the person whom you had initially spoken to.

Future learning - always have a written record of anything, especially with Govt entities.

Did they gave you anything in writing or a termination letter? Merely visiting offices and having such verbal assurances hardly work these days.
I have nothing given in writing. Just an email that I sent to bsnl asking them to terminate my connection
Go down to the office and have this resolved. If possible, grab a hold of the person whom you had initially spoken to.

Future learning - always have a written record of anything, especially with Govt entities.
I shifted my city so that's not possible as of now.

I have nothing given in writing. Just an email that I sent to bsnl asking them to terminate my connection
If it was sent to some official @bsnl email address then it should be enough as a written proof for your connection termination request. Take a printout of it, write an application mentioning all the details of your case & sign it & attach the email printout to it then send it someone in the city you took that connection who could then deliver it to local bsnl exchange main office accounts dept. If that is not possible then try to get the post address of bsnl exchange main office accounts dept from your current city bsnl offfice & send everything via speedpost.

I had a bsnl fibre connection which i disconnected last year i.e November 2023. Wrote them an email about getting my line disconnected and also went to their office in person to make sure it was disconnected and they assured me that it would be disconnected by next month so I didn't think much of it. Fast forward to March 9th 2024, I start receiving emails/texts/whatsapp messages from Bsnl asking me to pay 6280/- as unpaid dues. I ignored it thinking it was a scam and such but the messages kept on coming and now it started saying something about some legal proceedings at National Lok Adalat.

My question is, Should i be worried? Do i need to pay the amount even though I haven't used the connection since November 2023? For all I know, I've made sure that I cleared all my bills before requesting for a disconnection of my internet.
I had something similar happen to me a really long time ago pre-fiber, but with Airtel. I had my Airtel connection disconnected, and surrendered all the hardware as well.

Everything seemed perfect, until they suddenly said that I had unpaid dues. They were charging me for a couple of more months after the disconnection.

They even sent some "collection agents" to come and harass me. I ended up not paying, and they got tired soon enough and forgot all about it.

I stopped being an Airtel customer in anyway for a long time since that incident. Hadn't touched anything Airtel since that incident, until relatively recently.

Back