Broadband services in South Mumbai

Nemesis

Disciple
Hi!! I am returning for my summer vacation next month and I live in Malabr Hill. My cablewalla provides Exattnet BB and I think the pricing is really good. I wanna know if anybody else has use Exattnet. How are the uptimes and customer service? If there are other alternatives available (other than SIFY) then please let me know.

I am using Exatt in Dadar and i am pretty satisfied with the service and there are hardly any downtimes but i am facing a perculiar problem where the connection is disconnected exactly after every 5 hours n reconnects.
Also the customer service could be better...only they need to try....

But on the whole i am satisfied coz there are hardly any downtimes....so no question of any interaction with those Customer Service idiots!

I had a problem with SIFY where it would disconnect every 20min lol. So the customer service...is it Exatt customer service or your local cablewalla? Thanks for the info.

techmaster said:
hey do not go for igate too many downtimes atleast once in 2 days
Dont worry nobody is gonna eat your bandwith, for christ sake should I inform how much you download in a day ?

Exatt I have at my work place its pathetic, Igate has downtimes but their connection is the best sub 50 ms pings on Singapore servers, sub 100ms pings on European servers...

How can he take my bandwidth ?? But Igate has severe downtimes go for something else if it is avaliable.ask anyone using igate he will not recommend it.Also Exatt has very little downtime in malabar hill and they charge the same as igate

You guys are confusing me now lol. Now tell me more about iGate pricing schemes and download limit if any. My cablewalla gives ExattNet so I was kinda leaning towards it.

ok if you want igate there are no download limits.128 Kbps costs 750/-.let me know your exact location with the bldg. i will let you know if igate is providing internet at your place.
Also which cable do you have microvision or incablenet.

Sorry for the late reply-was busy with school work. Ok, I live on Narayan Dabholkar Road in Central Revenue Apartments (Cassi Meetha) and my cable is Incablenet. As far as I know, my cable walla gives ExattNet but I just want something other than SIFY.

any reason for not taking sify??
If you take their 128K or 256K lines they are really good. Those people who are complaining about speeds are one who are taking 40K lline and then making tamash that they get poor speeds.
256K line gives normal download speed of 26-28KBps. but 256K has only data package.
On the other hand 128K connection gives 15-17KBps speed.
They have 150MB/day download limit but screw it. I have excedded it soo many times to no problems. And even if they cut 1 day for extra 150MB its no big deal. 1 month costs only Rs.500 its way cheaper than others. And they say you have to install their client but you donnt. It works without the client. Just put in your IP address. subnet details, DNS details, reboot and bam, internet working.
The biggest advantage is you can renew online. No need to ask your cablewala for refill.
Change plans every month if you want to.
I am yet to face any downtime. Using for 2 months now. Have downloaded almost 20GB in 2 months including 3 complete linux distros, longhorn, couple of demos :p

Igate has a 128 kbps package for 750 bucks but depending on your location you will get faster download speeds in the nite ( Upto 50 kbps) daytime download speeds would be around 15 - 20 Kbps with no download limit whatsoever...

Back