Windows Are windows 10 or 11 OEM keys safe and trustworthy?

Let them sue me first.
As said, activating a copy of windows using VL keys for home use is against EULA and technically is piracy.
No, MS won't come after you as an individual, they don't give any shit about home users pirating their software. They can sue large corporates and organization for millions if they get information about them.

To this day you can install windows 7, activate with Daz loader and upgrade to Win10 to get genuine HWID based activation and subsequently upgrade to Win11 for free.
This is the exact methodology which is used by MAS scripts mentioned above. It generates a genuine upgrade "ticket" on a clean installed Win10/11 machine (making the activation process think it came from a genuine win7/8.x copy) and when the machine goes online it gets activated automatically from MS servers.
Once done, you never have to use that script anymore on that machine ever. Clean install windows 10/11 again and machine will be activated when it goes online.
The activation is tied to machine mobo and can be linked to Microsoft account if you sign into one on the machine.

So given the above things there's no sense to pay for keys which are either stolen or not legal to sell.

Last edited:
As said, activating a copy of windows using VL keys for home use is against EULA and technically is piracy.
No, MS won't come after you as an individual, they don't give any shit about home users pirating their software. They can sue large corporates and organization for millions if they get information about them.

To this day you can install windows 7, activate with Daz loader and upgrade to Win10 to get genuine HWID based activation and subsequently upgrade to Win11 for free.
This is the exact methodology which is used by MAS scripts mentioned above. It generates a genuine upgrade "ticket" on a Win10/11 machine and when the machine goes online it gets activated automatically from MS servers.
Once done, you never have to use that script anymore on that machine ever. Clean install windows 10/11 again and machine will be activated when it goes online.
The activation is tied to machine mobo and can be linked to Microsoft account if you sign into one on the machine.

So given the above things there's no sense to pay for keys which are either stolen or not legal to sell.
Can you install win7 in modern machines?
Especially since there are no working drivers for win7.

Again, you don't need to anymore as the task of generating genuine ticket which was earlier done by MS themselves using Win10 setup on Win7/8.x (activated) installs is now done by MAS script on a Win10/11 inactivated installs directly.
I was merely mentioning that MS says free upgrade to Win10 offer has expired but it still works to this day. The same method which MS uses is used by MAS scripts.

And yes, there are modified windows 7 ISO with proper LAN/Wifi and Nvme driver support if you know where to find them.

If you are asking it in terms of activation, then you don't need to MAS will do an HWID activation for you straight up and that's lifetime. I upgraded my motherboard and built a new PC with the OLD one and voila the fresh Windows install was preactivated.
They can sue large corporates and organization for millions if they get information about them.
Funny story, one day we received a mail from Microsoft, and a team of four scheduled a call to allegedly "Help us assess our license usage" (and remember we are a long-time and high-volume client and exclusive partner). It turns out one of our terminal licensing servers (yeah we need to pay to RDP to our own servers, let that sink in) was restored as part of DR mock activity and left running for 24 hours in the drill, these MFs scheduled a call and suggested we do a pro-active audit just to help us (my ass). Our MS rep quickly helped us out of it.

I and my team bought Redhat as an MS alternative for services that can support it (Why not free and opensource OS like say Debian, 1. I want to support Linux development and that's how Linux development is possible, 2. Compliance issues) and until they got acquired by IBM, the coolest sales team I met, we would exceed our licenses, call them and tell them it's just for a month, or a POC etc etc and they would be like yeah knock yourself out. Now they are scheduling Monthly cadence calls for license assessment and whatnot.

We actively try to find local US or European businesses that are really cool to work with. One of our Enterprise Storage providers (a small company can't name, cuz NDA) is really cool and the only people I like to actually get on a call with.

Last edited:
This is the exact methodology which is used by MAS scripts mentioned above. It generates a genuine upgrade "ticket" on a clean installed Win10/11 machine (making the activation process think it came from a genuine win7/8.x copy) and when the machine goes online it gets activated automatically from MS servers.
I have used some script to activate windows in the past. It wasn't called MAS, it was something else. That script downloads some program we don't know about and patches the system in places we can't see. I find 200 INR key is cheap and less headachy.

I have used some script to activate windows in the past. It wasn't called MAS, it was something else. That script downloads some program we don't know about and patches the system in places we can't see. I find 200 INR key is cheap and less headachy.
You're confusing MAS with something else (maybe KMS Pico).

MAS does the job in less time than it would take you to fill in the payment info for the ₹200 key. It doesn't patch anything in the system. The activation is based on HWID and is permanent. The activation stays there even after you format the whole ssd.

Before MAS, I used to do it the hard way, install Win7 - Daz - Upgrade to Win10 - Format everything and reinstall Win10.

IMO using a key is worse than MAS as it leaves a money trail, you never know where and how these keys are obtained from. Noone at MS cares or will come after you because of all this but still, just saying.

I'm not sure if discussing all this is allowed here.

You're confusing MAS with something else (maybe KMS Pico).
Right KMS. That script did download something for patching. That was a long time ago.

IMO using a key is worse than MAS as it leaves a money trail, you never know where and how these keys are obtained from. Noone at MS cares or will come after you because of all this but still, just saying.
At this moment, I have more windows licences in my MS account than numbers of computers. Funny thing, I bought a used mobo here and got another license with that. The seller didn't claim his windows. I might not need to buy windows ever again.

You are right. But if MS doesn't like that then they shouldn't treat these keys like retail ones. These OEM keys go through the same cycle like retails keys and MS doesn't mind them. That says something.

Back