Apple announced self repair service. Expected in India in 2022.

If this is truly good without any catch then this could be big for the electronics industry. Others will be forced to follow suit.
Some points
-Initially parts will be provided for iPhone 12 and 13, eventually M1 macs will be covered as well.
-Battery, camera and display will be provided in initial phase and eventually more parts will be added to the program.
-Parts, manuals and tools will be provided to perform the repairs. Previously there were no schematics or parts available for independent repair providers.
-Customers have a choice of either ordering the parts online or go to Apple authorised repair/Apple service or independent repair providers. (previously the repairs services were mostly focussed on replacement without diagnosing the root cause behind the problem thus even a small short circuit on the board used to cost a bomb, that may change now)
-Starting in USA soon, expected in others countries in 2022.
Link https://www.apple.com/in/newsroom/2021/11/apple-announces-self-service-repair/

Last edited:
Oh, wow!

Apple customer: My SSD failed!

Apple service center: We are happy to sell you the full motherboard with processor, ram and SSD as now the SSD comes fused to the board itself on the new macs.

Apple customer: what's the price?

Apple service center: Not in your budget. (Preventive measures FTW)

Oh, wow!

Apple customer: My SSD failed!

Apple service center: We are happy to sell you the full motherboard with processor, ram and SSD as now the SSD comes fused to the board itself on the new macs.

Apple customer: what's the price?

Apple service center: Not in your budget. (Preventive measures FTW)
Small edit to the last line

Apple service center - Pls sell both your kidneys and then give us a call back. We will be happy to help. :p

They are under a lot of pressure from the EU. I think EU is going to implement a single charger or adoption of Type-C for charging all Mobile devices. Lets see how Apple will work on it. Iphone's should come come with USB-C.

Back