Any way to use 2 corporate accounts on single phone for Outlook/Teams?

raksrules

Elite
I am logged into my company's email and teams on my mobile phone and it works fine. I want to add my client's email too (teams not important).
Till one point, this was working fine and both corporate accounts did work simultaneously. But one fine day, it stopped and doesn't allow more than one account.
Is it any way possible to do? I am on iOS if that matters.

I am logged into my company's email and teams on my mobile phone and it works fine. I want to add my client's email too (teams not important).
Till one point, this was working fine and both corporate accounts did work simultaneously. But one fine day, it stopped and doesn't allow more than one account.
Is it any way possible to do? I am on iOS if that matters.
On Android, you can create a local work account and use two corporate accounts with Personal and Work profile.

On iOS, only one corporate account is allowed. There are a few virtualization apps available to duplicate apps but they won't work with corporate apps, for example, based on Company Portal.

I used to carry 2 phones which became a hassle. I just keep the client account on my iPhone and company's email on the tablet, since I use it at a much lesser frequency and check it once a day.

On iOS/iPadOS and Android, multiple work accounts are allowed on the Outlook app. Would suggest to reset the app and/or reinstall it.

On iOS/iPadOS and Android, multiple work accounts are allowed on the Outlook app. Would suggest to reset the app and/or reinstall it.
Outlook on iOS supports only 1 MDM/MAM account. Only if the corporate does not enforce Intune, you can add another one.

Almost every company now enforces their own policies for data protection. So 2 corporate accounts will not work. In my case, iOS specifically asks me to select one of the two corporate accounts when setting up Outlook and the other is deleted.

It is also the reason I use Outlook on iOS for only the corporate account and a different app for my personal mail, as otherwise I cannot take screenshots of my personal email.

What MDM solution are you using? Am guessing intune? On android. If your organisation uses personal device enabled with work profile enrollment method. It's limited to one account.

In this scenario. If your client uses MAM-WE(without enrollment) setup for work apps. You could login using the Teams/outlook app installed on personal profile.

If it worked before and not now. It's likely your organization or client may have migrated to new MDM solution or turned on conditional access.

Microsoft is currently working on s solution that supports multiple work accounts and expected around June'24. Am guessing this could be pushed around 2408 tenant update.

1708111061386.jpeg

In case you are using Samsung phones, see whether Secure Folder (aka Samsung Knox) option is available on the device.
This feature can help with your situation.
In fact, am wondering whether there are other similar free and trustworthy software / settings which can work on general Android phones.

^ If the employer has enabled knox. It might work.

MDM solutions on android (work profile and fully managed) work like containers, pretty much closes off login attempts from unmanaged apps.

Yes, outlook allows to add multiple corporate cum personal accounts. I'm using 3 corporate accounts simultaneously but the catch is the corporate shall allow access from external untrusted devices else nothing can be done such as client accounts.
Same goes for Teams.

@kalph09
> ^ If the employer has enabled knox. It might work.

Don't think Secure Folder feature (utilizing knox) is employer dependent (don't know, earlier samsung use to provide it as an enterprise mdm solution). It is available on supported models of Samsung devices, once enabled will almost work like an isolated phone within your samsung phone to put it in simple terms.
With this, am able to use 2 whatsapp numbers on same phone, 2 different outlook, secured banking apps, etc. in that secure folder container. Cool feature because of which I only prefer samsung devices.

Back