Budget 30-40k Any Pixel 7A users here ? Switching from iPhone 13.

mayank4823

Disciple
Pros for Pixel 7A
1. Can download/upload files in background. (I rely on Google Photos a lot)
2. Better night photographs (I travel a lot which involves trekking)
3. Google Assistant > Siri
4. Can easily take backup of phone into Windows PC. (I am not into iOS ecosystem)
5. gboard is miles ahead of iphone keyboard. iphone has gboard but is disabled when entering passwords so its a hassle to switch between them.

Pros for iPhone 13
1. Battery lasts longer. with Low Power mode, phone goes extra mile.
2. Amazing videos but I am not into vlogs. Only make them for memories.
3. Handles all apps with a breeze. I run spotify while using Google Maps as I drive a lot. My Pixel 4a used to have hiccups when handling multiple tasks.

Can someone with Pixel 7a suggest if my decision is right or wrong or any point which I am missing here ?

Last edited:
cover2.jpg

I lost count of the number of Pixel vs Iphone threads.
Hint : All iphone and pixel threads are secretly iphone vs pixel threads.

Pros for Pixel 7A
1. Can download/upload files in background. (I rely on Google Photos a lot)
2. Better night photographs (I travel a lot which involves trekking)
3. Google Assistant > Siri
4. Can easily take backup of phone into Windows PC. (I am not into iOS ecosystem)
5. gboard is miles ahead of iphone keyboard. iphone has gboard but is disabled when entering passwords so its a hassle to switch between them.

Pros for iPhone 13
1. Battery lasts longer. with Low Power mode, phone goes extra mile.
2. Amazing videos but I am not into vlogs. Only make them for memories.
3. Handles all apps with a breeze. I run spotify while using Google Maps as I drive a lot. My Pixel 4a used to have hiccups when handling multiple tasks.

Can someone with Pixel 7a suggest if my decision is right or wrong or any point which I am missing here ?
Pixel 7 users are facing issues so better to stay out of it and continue with your phone ftw unless you want to jump on to other android brands.
And wait some good phone are going to get launched in coming months so wait is the key if you can..

I myself was thinking for Pixel 7 but they have launched a 2019 device in 201 so they are far behind and totally sucked at it!

Buying any pixel phone you need to ensure 2/3 things in your life.

1. You are constantly surrounded by temperature-controlled weather - You step from your home AC Room To Your Car AC to Your Workplace AC etc etc. Or you belong to a Cooler Place in India Like any hill station etc.

2. You are constantly surrounded by Solid Wi-Fi Connection for your daily phone activity.

3. Optional but for the safer side, your Phone Carrier must have 2G/3G Signal - not only limited to 4G VOLTE, So If the handset is not able to get 4G it can fall back to 3G/2G Signal.

4. Don't think about 5G Network, It will bring Disappointment and Discomfort in your Life.

-------------
The first 2 points are now suggested by YT Phone Reviewer 'GeekyR' in 2023 but I suggest these points in Jul 2022 AT HERE .

Anyhow but if you want to buy Pixel 7A as Camera (Not a Phone) for memories then GO Ahead - I highly recommend

1. Yes
2. iPhone has more natural approach for nighttime photography. I wouldn't say pixel is better, unless you like over bright photos. Astrophotography, if you're into that, is something much better implemented resulting in significantly better results though.
3. Siri is comedy
4. Can't say this one
5. Gboard maybe better than iPhone keyboard but it's overall not a good one for us swiper typists, it's rather appalling actually. Assuming you are a tapper typist though, so no problem there.

Only consider the pixel (go for the standard 7 not a, if you do) if primary requirement is daytime photography. The Pixel with its significantly better HDR runs circles around any iPhone; if not, stay away.

Pixel 7 users are facing issues so better to stay out of it and continue with your phone ftw unless you want to jump on to other android brands.
And wait some good phone are going to get launched in coming months so wait is the key if you can..

I myself was thinking for Pixel 7 but they have launched a 2019 device in 201 so they are far behind and totally sucked at it!

Buying any pixel phone you need to ensure 2/3 things in your life.

1. You are constantly surrounded by temperature-controlled weather - You step from your home AC Room To Your Car AC to Your Workplace AC etc etc. Or you belong to a Cooler Place in India Like any hill station etc.

2. You are constantly surrounded by Solid Wi-Fi Connection for your daily phone activity.

3. Optional but for the safer side, your Phone Carrier must have 2G/3G Signal - not only limited to 4G VOLTE, So If the handset is not able to get 4G it can fall back to 3G/2G Signal.

4. Don't think about 5G Network, It will bring Disappointment and Discomfort in your Life.

-------------
The first 2 points are now suggested by YT Phone Reviewer 'GeekyR' in 2023 but I suggest these points in Jul 2022 AT HERE .

Anyhow but if you want to buy Pixel 7A as Camera (Not a Phone) for memories then GO Ahead - I highly recommend

1. Yes
2. iPhone has more natural approach for nighttime photography. I wouldn't say pixel is better, unless you like over bright photos. Astrophotography, if you're into that, is something much better implemented resulting in significantly better results though.
3. Siri is comedy
4. Can't say this one
5. Gboard maybe better than iPhone keyboard but it's overall not a good one for us swiper typists, it's rather appalling actually. Assuming you are a tapper typist though, so no problem there.

Only consider the pixel (go for the standard 7 not a, if you do) if primary requirement is daytime photography. The Pixel with its significantly better HDR runs circles around any iPhone; if not, stay away.
Also considering S23. Is it worth spending 63k on it ? (I can claim GST so further 9600 rs discount)

Also considering S23. Is it worth spending 63k on it ? (I can claim GST so further 9600 rs discount)
Not according to me. Try to use a S23 well for a day if you can borrow it from someone close. You will be amazed to see how the skin is. It drops frames so much that 120 Hz will feel much jerkier. One ui is at the opposite end of the spectrum as ios

Not according to me. Try to use a S23 well for a day if you can borrow it from someone close. You will be amazed to see how the skin is. It drops frames so much that 120 Hz will feel much jerkier. One ui is at the opposite end of the spectrum as ios
Thanks for the update. I am used to the fluidity of iOS and the part of this OS where everything just works fine. It’s these night sight pics which bother me on my trips. and the horrible painting like pics when you zoom in.

Back