Storage Solutions Any good offer on 3-4TB HDD?

Ir0nMerc

Disciple
Any good offer on 3-4TB HDD? It appears, prices has increased in last few months and not coming down. Been waiting from last 2 months for a good deal.

I bought a 3TB WD Blue HDD from Amazon last week for 5.2k. I thought it was a good deal. But seller (SM ELECTRIALS) sent a WD purple. I would have been okay with WD purple too but when I plugged in the HDD, it started with krrrr krrrr sound. And when I checked the stats and the HDD was used for 2569 days. Although HDD label says 3TB but in stats, it's only showing 1TB HDD. Raised an issue with Amazon, they registered a complaint and investigating. Hopefully I will get the refund.

2023-08-11-17-33-38-Speccy64-vzvmvMWjsQ.png

Any good offer on 3-4TB HDD? It appears, prices has increased in last few months and not coming down. Been waiting from last 2 months for a good deal.

I bought a 3TB WD Blue HDD from Amazon last week for 5.2k. I thought it was a good deal. But seller (SM ELECTRIALS) sent a WD purple. I would have been okay with WD purple too but when I plugged in the HDD, it started with krrrr krrrr sound. And when I checked the stats and the HDD was used for 2569 days. Although HDD label says 3TB but in stats, it's only showing 1TB HDD. Raised an issue with Amazon, they registered a complaint and investigating. Hopefully I will get the refund.

View attachment 175311
Get HDDs offline unles its external drives with inbuilt protection. They will be cheaper too.

I suggest never to buy internal hdd from ecomm sites like fk & amazon. Either buy locally or buy from specialized pc component selling websites like primeabgb/mdcomputers/vedant/theitdepot etc as they know how to properly pack an internal hdd for safe shipping. Also, that screenshot showing ST31000528AS so most likely it is a fake WD firmware flashed hdd with WD sticker.

View attachment 175311
There's a thread about this ICYMI https://techenclave.com/threads/why...ices-increasing-instead-of-decreasing.215201/

I suggest never to buy internal hdd from ecomm sites like fk & amazon. Either buy locally or buy from specialized pc component selling websites like primeabgb/mdcomputers/vedant/theitdepot etc as they know how to properly pack an internal hdd for safe shipping. Also, that screenshot showing ST31000528AS so most likely it is a fake WD firmware flashed hdd with WD sticker.
Very true. Amazon didn't pack it well. No bubble wrap or at least they should pack in a box to avoid any damage. But HDD was packed in a thin polythene bag. Very disappointed with the packaging.

I agree, primeabgb or mdcomputers would be better but their return policy is not very user friendly. That's why I avoid ordering from them unless I am getting a very good deal.

Yes, checked it earlier. And noticed the same pattern. That's why I bought this 3TB HDD when I saw a decent enough price. I thought it was a deal but turned out a shady seller is scamming people. Almost all customers in their recent feedback are complaining about the same.

Product was Amazon fulfilled otherwise I would not have placed the order.

Last edited:
I agree, primeabgb or mdcomputers would be better but their return policy is not very user friendly. That's why I avoid ordering from them unless I am getting a very good deal.
To be frank, their return policy is almost as good as those of offline stores which are the only other options to buy internal hdd/pc components. In any case, for hdd especially, there isn't much point having a good return policy from amazon/fk as it is almost certain that the replacement piece will also be delivered in same inappropriate packaging so better take a bit more risk to get it delivered from prime/md/vedant etc with good packaging.

Back