Budget 25-30k Any Android with a headphone jack & Expandable storage

gnrjmpr

Recruit
Hey,

Manufacturers are shying away from the basics, looks like the mi 11i is my only option here.

Would you have any recommendations?

@OMEGA44-XT Whats with these virtual proximity sensors on every samsung budget phone? The phone stays on even when i am on call. Big pita
Plus it uses the front camera to adjust brightness since it does not have auto brightness sensor which inturn drains the battery
Have you noticed it on the f23?
Noticed, promixity didn't seem as bad as reported on Redmi Note 11. Rare occasions of it not working in limited testing, phone is still not with my mother. She will get it tomorrow. FK doesn't deliver in my native place.

@OMEGA44-XT Whats with these virtual proximity sensors on every samsung budget phone? The phone stays on even when i am on call. Big pita
Plus it uses the front camera to adjust brightness since it does not have auto brightness sensor which inturn drains the battery
Have you noticed it on the f23?
The virtual proximity sensor is there on Mi/poco/redmi phones,too. I was MIUI and Mi device user from very long time. All budget and even 45k phone doesn't have dedicated proximity sensor. Resulting the same issue you are facing. My brother bought mi11x on launch day thinking newer model will not have that issue and to his surprise that was the worst phone him to buy. He tried to live with it; but eventually it started heating screen while he was on call. Sorry i am not the person you wanted the answer from. But since it is widespreaded and happend to me,too; thought of sharing.

Just a note: The clear way of finding out whether you phone has dedicated proximity sensor or not is to find another phone camera, start a call, and point camera at the sensor area. If it flashes velvet/purple; device has dedicated proximity sensor. If it doesn't flash; then it uses virtual proximity sensor.

Last edited:
@DEVRAJ BARIA Appreciate the inputs, thanks. I had a redmi note 11 for 4 about months and faced this this issue but always thought that it was a software bug. Now i know.
Its shameful how companies are doing this. I wonder what are they achieving by saving pennies on basic sensors. Reddit and samsung forums of full of complaints about this issue.
Worst part is , they still continue to implement this and think of it as a feature.

You can try the LG mobiles. The LGX was the last launch here in India with a dedicated dac. If you are an audiophile this is the one to go for. Only downside is it is on A12 and no hopes of A13 coming but gets security patches once every 6 months. If you want something solely for music you can get a bargain in the used phone market.

Apparently A23 5g has been released here at a crazy price of 22k. Sd695, 6gb ram 128gb storage, 3.5mm jack and hybrid sdcard slot. The a24 is going to be released in Apr or May. Before that the a34 and a54 will be released now in Feb Mar period for higher prices than the a33 and a53 versions. Prices seem around 5k higher than old phones.

Samsung is only thinking of increasing prices. All their new phones are inferior to older versions and cost more for reduced performance. I was wondering what they are thinking increasing prices when 2022 was such a bad time for smartphone sales but looks like they aren't thinking anything else than money.

Samsung is only thinking of increasing prices. All their new phones are inferior to older versions and cost more for reduced performance. I was wondering what they are thinking increasing prices when 2022 was such a bad time for smartphone sales but looks like they aren't thinking anything else than money.
I mean, competition is getting weaker, so Samsung can get away with it. Xiaomi phones aren't great VFM devices anymore & OS is not as good as Samsung. OP had great phones under 40k, which resulted in S20FE 5G, but doubt we will see a good device like S20FE 5G again. Nothing Phone 1, Pixel 6a & Pixel 7 are some good value devices for their respective prices, but Samsung has apparently decided to ignore them.

Samsung is banking on the fact that they are giving guaranteed software and security updates for upto three years on most of their line up . Most other Chinese cannot do this. . Hence inferior chipsets with no 4k video recording and non ips lcd instead of super amoled . Also the added benefit of the Chinese not seeing all your private "ahem" photos you click on your phone .

Samsung is banking on the fact that they are giving guaranteed software and security updates for upto three years on most of their line up . Most other Chinese cannot do this. . Hence inferior chipsets with no 4k video recording and non ips lcd instead of super amoled . Also the added benefit of the Chinese not seeing all your private "ahem" photos you click on your phone .
IMO Samsung can sell inferior products to the Chinese & still get some recommendations by not using Exynos & using AMOLED more. Like their A53 would have been just an overpriced phone if it had Dimensity 920 (S778 would have easily made it one of the best choices), but now with Exynos, I blindly don't recommend it or other Exynos devices.

I bought F23 for my mother, it has a TFT panel as per specs, but is a good panel, similar to IPS LCD IMO. Xiaomi can't even give 2 android updates on cheap phones reliably.

I bought F23 for my mother, it has a TFT panel as per specs, but is a good panel, similar to IPS LCD IMO. Xiaomi can't even give 2 android updates on cheap phones reliably.
Will this phone also get 2 years updates? How's the performance? Any stuttering while browsing web or social media? Most of these Chinese phones have a micro stuttering problem. You scroll a bit fast and things behave like something is pulling the page back. Gets on the nerves quickly.

Will this phone also get 2 years updates? How's the performance? Any stuttering while browsing web or social media? Most of these Chinese phones have a micro stuttering problem. You scroll a bit fast and things behave like something is pulling the page back. Gets on the nerves quickly.
Yes, 2 OS updates, so android 14 will be its last one. Performance is fine for basic tasks, S750 is powerful enough it seems. I personally use S20FE 5G, so I didn't observe any noticeable lag or stutters when I was setting it up. Animations are at 0.5x though. Cameras seem decent for the price, display is ok (I can see its inferior to AMOLED but not like TN panel level bad).

Back