FS: Processor AMD: 5600X, 5800X. CoolerMaster: V1000 PSU. Misc: Mic Stand, monitor stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next, bills are NOT required for warranty - only accompanying HSF if the service center people make a fuss. AMD provides global warranty. Based on serial number, you should get 2.5+ years on the CPUs. If anyone wants the boxes as well, I can procure them but they cost extra (I don't know why and I cannot answer any questions - all I have stated is fact). In fact, I think he had 5 boxed 5950X available.

I have added a link in the description of the original post under the 5800X showing very clearly AMD's position on RMA is that even HSF is not required, let alone the box.
While I agree that AMD is not very fussy about bills & provide warranty based upon serial number as per my experience as well, they do state that they require a proof of purchase in that same article as can be seen below. Anyways, I am not gonna debate around this as you have clearly mentioned YMMV.

I wanted the bill just to confirm the warranty period.

1624778111215.png

=) they don't bother at all. This is a minor technicality that people do not bother one bit about. Bills are sought only when X years after manufactoring have passed. This is true of practically all brands now.

My post centered around the HSF AND BOX requirements...

Do you have that small plastic box for the processor? The small flat one which have the main chip inside? Not the retail box. The very small transparent casing.
20210613_210125~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back