Got a 100 rs cheque from amazon

I just got a 100 rs cheque from amazon idk why, customer care doesn't know anything about it,anyone have a similar experience?
This happens when some failed txn/order cancellation refund can't be returned to the original source of payment (like used some wallet/prepaid card/upi id now closed/deactivated).

I once got a cheque from them when I returned a product. I still don't know why they went this route instead of refunding it electronically, but it was an interesting sight. I never cashed it either.

I also now realize this might be an interesting strat for them not losing money on refunds lol - I think a significant portion of people wouldn't bother to cash checks for petty amounts below a few hundred.
I'm not saying they use this strat, I'm just saying this would work.

They sent me the same bank cheque and unfortunately there is no branch in my state, i have requested for cancelation and pay via amazonpay, it's been 2 months, nothing happened
Its a legit cheque from amazon,don't know why i have received it
Is this cheque or DD?

I once got a cheque from them when I returned a product. I still don't know why they went this route instead of refunding it electronically, but it was an interesting sight. I never cashed it either.
I mentioned earlier too, organizations/companies can only give cheque/DD if refund to original source of payment is not possible as per rbi rules.

The big brain move would be to order something from Amazon with COD and return them that Deutsche Bank cheque along with cash (Cash is optional and applicable only if the amount exceeds 100 INR).

My brother bought a clock and returned since it was COD he will get a cheque, waiting for it now. I doubt he will get time to physically visit bank specially when the amount is just 450 something

Is it cash or account payee cheque? maybe we can drop in the bank and let it cash otherwise I doubt people will visit the branch and stand in line to get 100rs cash. My brother asked to provide a coupon/giftcard/NEFT to use digital payment method but they gave some lame excuse.

Is this cheque or DD?

I mentioned earlier too, organizations/companies can only give cheque/DD if refund to original source of payment is not possible as per rbi rules.
Its a cheque ,
This happens when some failed txn/order cancellation refund can't be returned to the original source of payment (like used some wallet/prepaid card/upi id now closed/deactivated).
I have received all my refunds on my credit card i also have my bank account attached ,their was some delayed delivery i guess this is compensation for that
Is it cash or account payee cheque? maybe we can drop in the bank and let it cash otherwise I doubt people will visit the branch and stand in line to get 100rs cash. My brother asked to provide a coupon/giftcard/NEFT to use digital payment method but they gave some lame excuse.
Its a cash one but i guess banks will charge a fee since this is an outstation cheque

I just got a 100 rs cheque from amazon idk why, customer care doesn't know anything about it,anyone have a similar experience?
been there
just call them to cancel it they will take 3-5 business days for it and after that they will issue refund in your amazon pay balance.
They sent me the same bank cheque and unfortunately there is no branch in my state, i have requested for cancelation and pay via amazonpay, it's been 2 months, nothing happened
you need to keep calling them its very tiresome tbh not worth the time

It doesn't matter if DB has no branch in your state. It will be processed through the cts system anyway. You can deposit it at any bank's branch / drop box where you have an account such as hdfc sbi icici etc

Back