Amazon account temporary on hold

psoonee

Patron
Hi All

Would love some help on this.

I normally purchase items off amazon.sg & amazon.ae apart from amazon.in. Hasn't been an issue these few years.

Last week I added a new card as a payment method and ordered a few items off amazon.sg. The first item's payment was rejected a few times as it triggered HDFC's fraud filter.
HDFC called and I confirmed that it was indeed a genuine transaction. They said try again in a few minutes.

The transaction went smoothly. The next morning I ordered another item and in a couple of hours after ordering, i received an email that my account had been put temporarily on hold as they had detected unusual payment activity.

On logging into amazon, a screen requests some details (name, phone number, address and a card statement to prove ownership). There is no other way to contact amazon.

On uploading the statement, they replied back in a few hours that the info is insufficient to determine ownership of the payment method.

I am stumped, as I can't order anything off amazon now, recurring orders will get suspended and then there's some amazon pay balance which is still there.

Has someone been through this and if so, how did you resolve it? Any idea if there is a way to communicate with amazon outside of the form on the webpage?

Any idea if there is a way to communicate with amazon outside of the form on the webpage?
When your account gets suspended, Amazon makes sure you have no way to contact them. So stop searching for alternate routes.

Your only option is to fill the form they gave you very truthfully. Leave nothing to doubts. They will reinstate your account.

I have logged in multiple amazon accounts on the same computer. I use 'switch account' option to switch between them. That way Amazon knows I'm truthfully using multiple accounts on the same computer. One account is personal, one is business, one for AWS. My saved payments have become a mess. Few times I tried using a card for personal audible unsuccessfully without realising that I have saved it in AWS account too. So far no suspension of any of my account on the basis of payment problems.

Thanks for the info @lockhrt999 .

As an update, this got sorted. I re-uploaded the same statement on amazon.in's prompt and that worked.

Not sure what changed.

Also what seemed to trigger the suspension was purchasing multiple iphones with a new card. Looks like this is a common mode of fraud.

Back