PC Peripherals Advice for new rig...

Darren

Disciple
Hey guys,

Its been a long long time... I have been busy as hell after the R520 launch and I checked back here a couple of times but the site was down...

Anyways, its nearing Christmas and my brother wants a PC (the disadvantage of working in a H/W company :p)

As for the GPU's I'll be giving him 2 x X1600XT and the DFI C/F motherboard. Its manily a gaming machine...

So I was too lazy to look for good deals and will be glad with any help. What I need is :

CPU : AMD Athlon X2 4400+
RAM : Confused... maybe Crucial 1GB x 2 (I want tight timings)
Monitor : Atleast a 19" LCD with < 8ms response
Optical drive : NEC 3500A
Sounds card : Creative X-Fi Platinum
Speakers : Confused...

And the usual stuff. I would prefer links from Newegg and ZZFly..

Thanks in advance !

Well, the Crucial Ballistix is very good. You cant really go wrong with those.

Amd abt the speakers, I would recommend a Logitech Z-5500 or if your bro has no use of the digital inputs and outputs, the Creative Megaworks 5.1 500 or the Klipsh 5.1 Promedia Ultras.

You haven't really given a budget so, I am recommending the BEST stuff :p

Dont really know abt the monitor :(

Ram undoubtedly it has to be 2GB of crucial ballistix thats the best.

Speakers Logitech Z5500 is the best when it comes to pc speakers.

Rest all looks a killer rig.

Seems that a batch of Ballistix were really bad, especially those which were sold thro' Newegg. So it should be safe to get those now.

if u got the budget then get the klipsch promedia 5.1 otherwise get the logitech z5500, they are down to around 200 - 220$ on amazon.

Z5500D speakers loggy...u gotta get these...
2 GB how bout corsair.....2-3-2-6....timings...tight enough;) thats the twinX series the pro ones...not sure of the model nos. though...
LCD's no ideas...I use CRT's only :p

vandal said:
Z5500D speakers loggy...u gotta get these...
2 GB how bout corsair.....2-3-2-6....timings...tight enough;) thats the twinX series the pro ones...not sure of the model nos. though...
LCD's no ideas...I use CRT's only :p
@Vandal - Heads up. I sent you a PM yesterday asking some info about the Z5500 loggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy_Eddy said:
BTW , why not go in for an X1800XL instead of 2 X1600XT's ?
Maybe is getting the X1600Xt's for free, or at a heavy discount ratem apart from that no other reason to go for them.

Thanks ton guys ! I couldn't post back but I've sure read all your suggestions :)

Finally bought this :

AMD Athlon X2 4200+
DFI LanParty RDX-200 C/F
Radeon X1800XL CF Edition
2 x 1GB Corsair TwinX
74GB WD Raptor
19" HP TFT-LCD
OCZ ModStream 600W
NEC 3500A DVD-RW

Didn't wanna spend too much, fitted it in $1300, which was my budget..

Have a great festive season, and an amazing new year !

Darren said:
Thanks ton guys ! I couldn't post back but I've sure read all your suggestions :)

Finally bought this :

AMD Athlon X2 4200+
DFI LanParty RDX-200 C/F
Radeon X1800XL CF Edition
2 x 1GB Corsair TwinX
74GB WD Raptor
19" HP TFT-LCD
OCZ ModStream 600W
NEC 3500A DVD-RW

Didn't wanna spend too much, fitted it in $1300, which was my budget..

Have a great festive season, and an amazing new year !
Congrats man.... We just dream of having something like that here... X1800 XL CF edition.... drooooolllllzzzzzz......

Well the X1800XL should be available in India by now, I guess, why don't you ask the distributors in India ?

BTw, can anybody explain that greenish strip below the postcount ?

Thats your reputation, people will give you reps if they find our posts helpfull and vice-versa

u can check your reputation in your user control panel..

to give someone reps, u have to click on that "balance" icon at the top of ur post, right side, next to the no of post thing...

Back