6630 issues

TechHead

ex-Mod
Got a new 6630, love it so far. One problem - I think this is a Chinese-enabled version, FW 5.03.08, so I can't sort the contacts as first name - last name, it remains last name - first name. The option "settings" in the contacts menu to change this is missing. Confirmed this with Apo.

Anything I can do to remedy this, short of returning the phone?

had same issue with my sister's 6630.

Got its firmware updated from nokia priority centre. Although my piece was not purchased in india the service centre guys didnt even ask for any extra payment :p

Funky said:
Got its firmware updated from nokia priority centre. Although my piece was not purchased in india the service centre guys didnt even ask for any extra payment :p
Quite right... This is an issue but the piece I am using has this as an option so I'm OK :p . Its got to do with the firmware version.

Funny that my friend's 6630 had this problem where the names appear in contacts properly but in the calls list you get them with the surnames first.. This is an irritating problem indeed...

Funky said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll get it flashed today.

Back