CPU/Mobo 3500+ : Winchester or Venice?

Guys,
My cousin wants to assemble a rig for his CG work...he is deeply into 3dsmax,softimage and maya...i have recommended him all the stuff regarding memory, hdd, monitor etc. but i'm still undecided on the proc front...now we have singled out the A64 3500+ after going thru the chart...but a bit confused whether to go for winchester or Venice...your expert comments...
secondly, where will i find 'em in mumbai and at what price..we are looking for 3500+ only...
thanks,
kevin

Yopu find most Venices nowadays...

venice is always better, because it has SSE3 instructions, which the winnie lacks

And does it oc properly? because CG work is only an excuse ;) ...he's completely into games and that is the reason i have asked him to go for A8N SLI Deluxe and atleast a 6600gt...Also i'm really not clear about the price of 3500+ Venice..is it really 11.5-12.k ?

The Venice will definately overclock much better than the Winchesters - if at all you find any Winnie's. And yep, an A64 3500+ should be around ~ 11.5K

Okay i guess the 3500+ is going a bit above our budget, so the next best option shud be 3200+ ?? How much is that available for? U c..we cant spend more than 8-9 k for a proc..as the remaining stuff like ram (1gb) and gfx card (6600gt) are absolutely necessary..and so is the mobo.. (A8n Sli Delux..any other suggestion??) What do you say, will a 3200+ suffice?

i am also "HUNTING" for the 3500+,........Last quote for Me was @ 11.5K

....ButBTW...........how much is the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium at Retail?

Back