32" LCD/LED TV for ~30k

Hello everyone,

Planning to buy a new TV replacing the old one which use to have a big a$$
tongu23e.gif
Some Requirements are down there

1. Budget. - Around 30k.. could extend most to 35k

2. Viewing distance. - 8 feet.. 32 inch is the size we plan for

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. - ATM through cable wala
tongu23e.gif
.. Later might shift to DTH stuff

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. Really dont have a idea whats the big difference b/w LCD and LED for TVs. Doubt if LED would come for that price

5. Preference for brands. - Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - Yeah

7. Any other feature you are looking = Some other things i am pondering upon are
  • Should have USB ports and could support maximum file formats so I can let my parents watch movies through pendrive directly
  • Internet connectivity if possible.. this will let my mom see pics in fb directly from TV without entering my room
    tongu23e.gif
    .. Youtube support will be boon
  • Full HD will be a nice thing.. but do i need it????

Also plz suggest good online stores for buying TV for lower rate.. flipkart price is almost same as local

Samsung 32D580 it plays all the formats,atleast significantly more then Sony.But it has no internet options.cost around 32k in samsung showrooms.

The Sony 32CX520 it has internet connectivity but has a really slow web browser,it does support youtube.cost around 25k in grey market.

Samsung LA32D550K1R fits your budget.

(i have recently bought the same only)

Its good for that viewing distance. Sound is kinda low (now bass). Its next model, LA32D580K4R got li'l better sound. Not much sugnificant though.

I am using it with HD DTH, Xbox and DLNA.

For this range, you'll not get 'smart or internet' TVs. This one connects to internet but only to upgrade its firmware.
<

But with DLNA (and some DLNA server - like samsung allshare, windows media home) - you won't need USB - can directly play contents from your PC/phone via LAN.

Its support almost all normal file types - avi/mkv. But lately I saw it couldn't play mp4.

It got enough USB ports and 4 HDMIs.

Major difference between LED and LCD

* LEDs are thinner

* LEDs consume less powe

* Blacks seems nicer in LEDs.

And regarding 'do you need full HD' - I am not sure.

With my DTH, I hardly feel any difference between HD and non-HD contents from 7/8 feet distance.

Get a demo in stores and order online.
<
(yeah its much cheaper online)
<

The main difference between the D550 and D580 is that the D580 comes with a SPVA panel,where as D550A doesn't get a SPVA panel and is subjected to samsung panel lottery,

Thanxx for the help guys..

will got and check samsung models at showroom
<

BTW guys whats the deal with Sony Monolithic design?? Saw the NX520 series 32" and it says monolithic design

The Sony 32CX520 it has internet connectivity but has a really slow web browser,it does support youtube.cost around 25k in grey market.

If I checked correctly, CX520 series has only 46" TV

Like i said the CX520 if bought via grey market, Sonyindia never launched a 32" version they only launched the 40" and 46" version.But soon stopped selling the 40" version,instead they launched the CX420 and NX520 which has the older BE3 engine only sold in some parts of asia like india.I suspect Sony launched this model because it supports MKV format and NTSC formatted HDD which many indians prioritize over PQ.

The NX520 is nothing but a CX420 with a extra glass/plastic player which is prone to reflections.This cannot be compared with the NX720 and above models which also has the monolithic design,these have 2 anti glare coatings to prevent reflections and double reflections/ghost image formed due to internal reflection between the outside glass layer and the lcd.

The main difference between the D550 and D580 is that the D580 comes with a SPVA panel,where as D550A doesn't get a SPVA panel and is subjected to samsung panel lottery,

Does the Samsung D580 confirmed for SPVA panel even in '40' inch ?.

Back