2 LAN Cards query

Hey guys,
Here is the scenario :

LAN Card 1 (Internal ) - MTNL Triband (849 NU)
LAN Card 2 (External) - Local Cablenet ( Full day unli)

If both are enabled, how would I know which 1 is being accessed? Because MTNL has a day limit & so I want it mainly after 10 pm. Is there any way i schedule the external card to disable after 10 pm and enable the internal(MTNL) card simultaneously ??

Else is there any other software which will allow me to quickly switch between the two instead of the 'Disable one and enable the other' routine ..
TIA

Well i dont know about the automated solution but why dont you do it manually. Just disable the network adapter which you are using for accessing Mtnl triband and enable it after 10pm and disable the other one(cablenet). Simple

I can do that..provided I am free and at home to do it.
The thing is my µtorrent downloads have been scheduled to start at 10:15 & if I can manage to schedule this as well, I don't have to be physically present everytime for the switch.

I heard there are scripts which enable/disable a network adapter. If I can get hold of them, then I can create a bat file which can they be scheduled with any simple task scheduler. If anyone comes across any of them, please post them here..

Its not possible, since 1 lan card always takes precedence over the other
You can have both online together, but only one will connect using a dialer (with the highest priority lancard)
To connect the other, switch off the modem for the 1st one

i have tried this as well earlier

gizmoholic said:
Hey guys,
Here is the scenario :

LAN Card 1 (Internal ) - MTNL Triband (849 NU)
LAN Card 2 (External) - Local Cablenet ( Full day unli)

If both are enabled, how would I know which 1 is being accessed? Because MTNL has a day limit & so I want it mainly after 10 pm. Is there any way i schedule the external card to disable after 10 pm and enable the internal(MTNL) card simultaneously ??

Else is there any other software which will allow me to quickly switch between the two instead of the 'Disable one and enable the other' routine ..
TIA

You can do that using script which operating system you r using.

If windows then write a simple vbs script for enabling and disabling the card .

However My frend is using MTNL unlimited plan which cost him 600 rs (250Kbps)

Why dont you get that .

I will help you to build the script.

Back