10-20k Budget for Speakers

cravikum said:
^another bose fanboy .... did i see someone get a pair of wharfdale bookshelves and a norge amplifier for 20k in the showoff section am also going for 2 bookshelfs and an amp to listen to music and probably add on to make it 5.1 in the future...

I think that was me :).

This thread ? http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/wharfedale-diamond-9-1-first-step-158129.html

I highly recommend Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (13 - 13.5k) + Norge 2060 (7.5k) for Music, getting this spoiled me for quality music, now I dont like listening to music anywhere else. it doesn't actually need a sub, cause the bass reproduction is way enough, ask me cause I am a ex-Z5500 user, but the bass on this set is far more better, tighter and faster then the Z5500's slow and boomy bass. I have to turn down the bass knob cause I think it gets loud at times, this set can go extremely loud, with power handling upto 100w RMS, the Norge 2060 is able to deliver 65W RMS per channel, my room is fairly big, its 18x13 feet, but this set is able to completely fill the room at 4/10, same loudness which I was able to achieve with Z5500 at around 50% volume. The details I saw on this with the onboard sound card can be rated atleast 5 times better then the Z5500 + Xfi xtrememusic for Music, it absolutely blows it out of the water, now I can hear those tunes which were non existent on the Z5500. Gaming can suffer due to lack of sub woofer, but its upon you, I didnt feel the need for one. Gannu and Medpal has listened to this set, and they really liked it.

For now I am using this set on my onboard soundcard (my XFI died) until I buy a uDAC, I recommend you getting a nforce uDAC if you already don't have one or have a sound card. Wharfedale diam0onds are very forgiving of source, so even if you run it on onboard, it will still sound amazing and pleasing to ears.

The amp has an Line-out, so in future you can add in a active subwoofer, A decent range starting from 8k-10k, and there you will have a great setup for for anything you throw at it.

The amp can take upto 3 inputs and you can switch between the 3 instantly, it also has a phone out, the phone out is powered by an amp, which is decent and can drive a decently powerful headphone, I havent tested one, cause I don't have any high end headphones, but I tested it on the PL30 and it became amazingly loud at 3/10 volume and the PL30 was breaking its sweat at 4/10.

Back