10-12k Fone

Aniruddh

Adept
hii
i m plannin to get a new fone budget 12-13k MAX,i want a fone with 2MP decent camera,and good battery backup,its fine with me if the music player etc is average,but the speakers shud b gud like 6233,i have been using N72 which is a pretty decent fone except for battery backup which is pathetic at the same its vry slow.plz suggest me asap ill be vry thankfull 2 u guyz.suggest either Nokia or SE!!
bye tc
thanks in advance

^^^never, K750i is being phased out, its an old horse.

better get K550i rather than K750i or

best is that you get a W810i, no questions.

if speakers is your prime concern then 6233 is ur best bet

thanks for ur quick reply...550i seems to b a good fone but its keypad is awful and as i msg a lot i dont think it will be the right choice but still u people feel its the best in my budget then i would rather go for that...any other option?which is the best amongst these fones-Nokia 6233,SE W810i,SE K550i,SE K750i??
thanks

If you have been using N72, then any particular reason why you wanna go one step lower to these phones..just curious..cos none of the ones listed here are smartphones..so u'll have to give up on tht functionality..

Neways, of these, k750i is not a gr8 buy anymore..it'll be gone in a month or two.. the k550i is better than k750i as far as spec sheets is concerned:p but it doesnt have a cam as good as tht of the k750i..though there is no mention of this anywhere in the tech specs..it still says, 2 mp Autofocus...but the focal length of k550 is only 3.8mm as compared to tht of the older models like k750i and w810i..which have 4.8mm..so the cam quality suffers..

Besides, the k550i has a terrible keypad..dont buy it if u are a frequent sms-er..

So tht leaves you with 2 options..the W810 and the 6233..get the w810 if u want gr8 walkman music features and gr8 headhpones..and a better cam with autofocus..for everything else, its the 6233 all the way..and yeah, when it comes to loudspeakers, none of the rest can compare to the 6233..:eek:hyeah:

thanks so much for ur suggestions,well i hav been using N72 since last 4-6 months now it has few drawbacks-1-Battery backup= i hav to charge it everyday:mad: ,i dont even listen to music,fm etc(want a fone with good batt backup atleast it shud last for 2 days with normal use),hardy take 3-4 pics a day.it slows down like anythin,i m just using 128MB memory card still its 2 slow b:mad: ,i was wonderin what will happen when ill put 512MB with songs,themes etc.now the choice is down to W810i and Nokia 6233 :huh: ,hhmm still confused.basically i want a fone for normal use,1-loads of sms-es so keypad has to be good,2-good batt backup,3-decent 2MB cam as i dont have a digicam so i can take few decent pics,4-good speakers,its fine with me if it dont hav a vry good music player etc as i hardly listen to Music or Fm as i mentioned earlier!!
thanks

^^Well, i have a 6233 and i'm using a kingston 1gb micro sd card with it..no issues of slowing down or anything even when my card is almost full with songs and pictures...:D I have to travel close to 3 hrs in train evryday(check my location..:p) n i keep listening to music all the time during my commute..n still i get 2 full days of battery time..:) I've also noticed tht with with minimal usage, just a few calls a day, it gives me a good 4 days back up..i checked this a few days back when i was down with flu and was at home for a week..

as i dont listen to music on it at home, it lay idle most of the time except a few calls..tht was the time when i got like 4 days standby..:)Also the 6233's keypad is the most comfy keypad i've ever used..

Cam on the 6233 is quiet good for casual takes but it is not an alternative for a digicam as there is no autofocus...but it records videos brilliantly as it supports 640x480 res at 15fps..thts the best part...

W810 is an out n out music phone so full points there..but its loudspeaker is no match for 6233..:hap5: Also its cam is very good..it can be used as an alternative to a digi..but its video recording is again pathetic n no match for a 6233..btw, it has a very good battery standby time for sure..will easily give u three days or more...:)

So take ur pick...:)

Edit: If u want more info about the 6233, check the review here by yours truly...lol..prolly it'll help clear some of ur doubts...:)

Ryan thanks a Ton buddy..well i think i shud go for Nokia 6233 bcoz it has all the stuff which i m looking for except for the Cam which is decent not vry gud.and most importantly its nokia,by the way what is the difference between 6233 and 6233ME??well can u tell me something bout W660i latest SE fone,bout its features,cam,speakers and most imp how much it costs??
thanks!!
Edit-Gr8 review,Rep for u :)

i think u r refering to w610i.

Its got an excellent walkman-(walkman 2.0 firmware) . Almost all features of w810i..and much sleeker too than w810i.
But its a bit overpriiced at 15.5k.

maybe it wud be a good buy in 3 months or so when its price willdrop down to 12-13k

the best fone i can think of with good spekers is w810i. You should get it for around 13k. also u get portable speakers with it.

what is the difference between 6233 and 6233ME??

Nothing except for a bundled 512 mb card, a music stand with loud speakers to use as a boombox...i think even the datacable is included in the box with stereo earphone..(confirm about the datacable with the dealer though :p) and the biggest difference is tht the 6233 ME only comes in White color...to me,it looks sucky..:no: I really dont think it is worth the extra 2-2.25k for the ME..

better get the 6233 normal one in black color..it looks the best..:)

the normal 6233 has a very spartan bundle though..no datacable included..u have to buy it for 350 bucks..and it only comes with 64mb card...I bought a kingston 1 gb microsd card for 650 bucks..so yeah, at 9.1k with a datacable for 350 bucks and a 1 gb card, it shud cost u around 10.1k...;)

Edit: If u want speakers, get the 6233 me, it comes with external speakers similar to w810..but it's only available in white..looks terrible to me..:no:

As for W660, as far as i know, it has not yet been launched...:S

Finally, i think, if u can live with the non symbian part, and a cam without autofocus, the 6233 at its current price is the best vfm buy...2 months ago at a price of 11k, it was not...now at 9k, it is...:eek:hyeah:...so what, its bundle lacks a datacable n a big card, u can purchase them separately n still save a lot of money...:)

N since u r used to nokia's interface, going to 6233 wont be a problem at all..:hap5: With SE, u'll have to get used to the weird back n cancel button system...:lol:...but once u get used to it, u shud be fine with SE as well..

I'm only suggesting...both SE n Nokia phones here have their own pros n cons..:p

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions,and clearing my doubts.have decided will go for Nokia 6233ME if its available in black else ill stick with 6233normal(Black),i have seen grey/white colour which literally sux so will go for only black.lil scared bout SE fone may b i hav a felling ill get annoyed if i wont b able to msg or use it properly...so nokia is the way to go.CHEERS
thanks so much
bye tc
@nni

Nokia 6233ME if its available in black

No its not available in black...:hap5: nokia are crazy to not come out with a 6233 ME in black,,its hard to understand their strategy cos all other ME editions of nokia phones like N70 ME and N73 ME have been black..this just doesnt make sense..they'll lose a lot of market because of this..cos the 6233 ME really looks awful in white..not come across anyone who thinks it looks cool in white till now..:no:

I almost bought 6233 but dunno wat happened suddenly wen i went 2 de shop...i got myself SE W810i..its a pretty decent fone...i needed a fone which is small,and have a gud battery backup.i hardly hear song or take pics(some times i do wen out wid frnz etc).so finally got this small beauty W810i.
thanks a ton to everyone for there suggestions especially Ryan:cool2:
bye tc Cheers :)

Back