1 ton AC Wanted... Panasonic or Llyod??

stavan_d

Disciple
i need to get a AC for my room.

dimensions are 11x14x10.

i have read the Suggestions for a 1-Ton split AC by Gannu but i just wanna check out some other ACs as well.

so i have asked around and have come down to 2 models.

1. Panasonic CS-YC12MKY ~3 Star Cost = Rs.23000/- incld installation.

2. Llyod FLS13A5C ~ 5 Star Cost = Rs.21000/- incld Installation.

now the major difference between the 2 ACs is (as the one dealer told me)

Panasonic has a copper coil and llyod has a aluminum coil. and according to him the i would have to replace the aluminum coil around 2 or 3 years later. which costs around Rs. 5000.

What I would like to know is

1. is this info correct??

2. is llyod a good company??

3. wouldn't a 5 star AC have more savings??

and any other views TE members may have on this.

You can go for Hitachi 0.9 ton 5 star AC for 27k including installation. If your budget is less then suggest you to go with ONIDA/Samsung. Between Lloyd/Panasonic Panny is better anyday.

1. An AC technician can comment better if he has worked on both the units.

2. Maybe. Lloyd is also the OEM for our Indian Railways for quite sometime now.

3. Depending on the usage per day. If your usage exceeds 6~8 hours daily, you can see a considerable difference in the electricity bills compared to a 2-star BEE rated unit.

the usage will be around 6-8hrs in summer and some rains but close to none in the winter...

i have hear that llyod has a hitachi compressor...

plus the panasonic is a 3 star AC and llyod 5 star...

so would i be saving enough that when/if i have to change the coil in 2-3 years there would be some saving comparatively??

service for both is similer... though the panasonic model offer 5 years warranty on the compressor... and llyod only 1 year...

With your usage, the difference in cost between a 3 star and a 5 star would be under 1000 rupees a year. Do consider that.

Also be aware that Lloyds manufactured using tier 3 chinese parts.

Back