Attention all Canvas 2 owners, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean has officially arrived for your phones. However, to get the update you need to either take your phone to a Micromax Service Center (and pray that they have heard of the update and have it with them), or install the ZIP via CWM recovery (we’re gonna avoid this method as for this people need to root their phones and install CWM recovery) or just download the official ROM off Micromax’s FTP and flash it yourself. For this guide, we are going to follow Method 3. So get your laptops, USB cable and your Canvas 2 ready. Jelly Bean, here we come!
Upgrade your Micromax Canvas 2 A110 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
First and foremost, you need to download the Jelly Bean firmware off Micromax’s website. So here’s how you do it.
- Go to Micromax FTP page (click)
- Login using USERNAME: “mxlive” & PASSWORD: “M!cr0m@xlive”
- Once inside, navigate to the A110 folder. You’ll find 4 different folders. Download all contend under the folders “DOWNLOAD TOOL“, “DRIVERS“, and from “SW VERSION” folder, download the “V3 Update to Jelly Bean” folder content. The file size is 282 MB.
- Unrar the Software File you got to any Folder.
- Install both the softwares which were under DRIVERS folder. Also install the drivers from here. (for Windows 8 users, you need to allow installation of unsigned software.
- Now to go DOWNLOAD TOOL folder and Unzip FLASH_TOOL.zip file.
Now you have the drivers installed (connect phone to PC to check). Also you have the Flashing TOOL that will flash the new Jelly Bean software that you just downloaded. Great, the preparation portion of this guide is done. Now, on to Flashing Jelly Bean on to your Micromax Canvas 2 A110.
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/techencl/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection-data/ad_random_1.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/techencl/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/adshow.php on line 185
- Open Flash Tool. Enter the directory (address of your folder where you saved your downloaded software update file) in the “Download Agent” line.
- Enter the scatter-loading file into the next address line (you will get the scatter file with the FlashTool folder download. Just copy the address link to it (make sure you include the file name in the address as well). The file name will be “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc” found in the “S9081_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16__flasher_user” folder.
- Now click on the easily noticeable “DOWNLOAD” button.
- Switch off your phone and connect it to the PC via USB.
The entire process takes very less time. After the flashing process is completed, give the phone a couple of minutes for the first boot. After that, enjoy Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on your Micromax Canvas 2 A110.
Here’s what could have gone wrong if you are unable to flash the latest software update:
- You didn’t install the drivers properly, or didn’t install them at all.
- You didn’t write the complete address of the ROM file.
- You didn’t write the complete address of the scatter file.
In either case, your flashing won’t occur. So just check these parameters if you are getting any error. Good luck!
Changelog of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update by Micromax
Software release notes: 1. Operating system is upgraded from ICS to Jelly bean. 2. M! Store is removed. 3. New wallpapers are integrated. 4. Software is backward compatible with old TP available(BYD Make).
Buying a new phone? Or a tablet? Need help with something everyday-tech related? Ask me and I’m sure to help!
— Preetam Nath (@hipreetam93) April 18, 2013
Warning: file_get_contents(/home/techencl/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection-data/ad_bottom_1.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/techencl/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/adshow.php on line 185