Graphic Cards Zotac 9800 gt: Blank screen

sumatrix

Skilled
Hello Guys

I have a Zotac 9800gt 512mb version .Purchased it somewhere in 2008. Working fine till now.
But yesterday when i booted the pc ,all i got was blank screen and the BIOS beep too did not come up.
I immediately removed the card and connected the HDMI cable to my motherboard's HDMI slot and booted up.
The BIOS beep came on and the display as well.Below is my PC config:

Corsair vx450,Core i5,4 gigs of value select ram and a 1tb WD green hdd.I have even disconnected the dvd writer.

I sometimes feel that the corsair 450 is not able to handle this load.

Any suggestion guys??

no the psu is fine

and your graphic card is death as your need to buy new one or get used from t.e market

or reset the ram as u need to clear the ram slot..

Uninstall and reinstall processor
What?? why should he do that? care to explain the logic here?[DOUBLEPOST=1462344540][/DOUBLEPOST]The problem seems to be with the GPU as you were able to boot up just fine with the rest of the components intact.

Check if you can boot your GPU on your friends machine before giving up on it.

Sometimes when the rig gets old the tension of the mobo pins get relaxed and this causes improper contact which causes improper contact hence blank screen, had a first gen i3 used to face same issue removing and reinstalling processor used to solve the problem, no harm in trying it out,right?

Sometimes when the rig gets old the tension of the mobo pins get relaxed and this causes improper contact which causes improper contact hence blank screen, had a first gen i3 used to face same issue removing and reinstalling processor used to solve the problem, no harm in trying it out,right?
Did you even read the OP completely before suggesting this?

Also, do you know popping out the processor regularly is not a good idea since it causes thermal paste to wear out and the person spending more time to clean up and apply fresh TP?

Dude I read what he wrote and also suggestions of other people and threats y told him about my experience, applying fresh thermal paste is a cheaper solution than buying a new gfx card don't you think, and who told you popping out the processor is a bad idea, test benches are made for this express purpose

Dude I read what he wrote and also suggestions of other people and threats y told him about my experience, applying fresh thermal paste is a cheaper solution than buying a new gfx card don't you think, and who told you popping out the processor is a bad idea, test benches are made for this express purpose

If you have read it once and still dint understand, I recommend you to re read the OP again carefully.

Now if you think you have understood what OP has posted, then let me tell you a system thats booting up after removing the card dont require the processor to be popped out. :S

I wish applying thermal paste to CPU resolves the issue with GPU :)
I believe OP isnt running a test lab to acquire test benches and lab conditions.

In most probable case your GPU have died. Another possibility you need to check is PCI-E slot of mobo. Your PSU should be fine. That PSU is legendary PSU from Corsair; one of best unit.

rakesh_ic,
vyral_143 .
manishbharech

Thanks for the suggestion guys.Ya the PSU is a legendary one and is running flawlessly (touch wood). My first suspicious was the GPU and then the slot. need to get a card and test the slot first.

And by any chance will the corsair vx450 support a gtx 560 or a 6970??

Why not try your gpu on a friends mobo to clear all confusions?[DOUBLEPOST=1462450493][/DOUBLEPOST]And also this is one of the best cards of that times as I still use it and so many other forum members here. Me too bought it at end of yr 2k9.

Have to try that.need to get hold of someone who can help me on that.[DOUBLEPOST=1462515071][/DOUBLEPOST]which is a better choice?? CM600 or cx750 considering cm600 is 1.9k and cx750 is 5k for running a 6970 or a gtx 680??

Last edited:
6970 is a power hungry gpu i would suggest going for atleast 750w to be safe with good amps on 12v rails...I owned a 6970 for 4years and was running it on 800w tagan.

Perform a reflow on your GPU.

Take it out, clean it thoroughly, blow out all the gunk from heatsink and fan, etc.
Then blow hot air on the backside using a hair dryer (lowest setting) for around a minute.

Reinstall and try booting again.

Also perform a reflow on your motherboard's backside, in case the soldering on the PCI-E slot has deteriorated.

Back