Z4 Aurora Projector

How is it better than Optoma HD 141x at 50Usd more with native resolution of 1080p ?
Native resolution is 720p only, the wireless features can be had for 3k with Chromecast 2?
Overpriced for a Chinese brand, with no service reach.

How is it better than Optoma HD 141x at 50Usd more with native resolution of 1080p ?
Native resolution is 720p only, the wireless features can be had for 3k with Chromecast 2?
Overpriced for a Chinese brand, with no service reach.
Where are you getting Optoma HD 141x for USD 500/-?
Best on Amazon.com is $549.00 + $219.68 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to India
Amazon India is more than Rs.70,000/- approx.
Both may not have warranty.

What I like about this product is the DMD DLP tech. with 30000 hours life, whereas the conventional DLP bulb of the OPTOMA has 6500 hours. The OPTOMA bulb gives out lots of heat,and if broken costs some I.rs.50000/- + to replace. Moreover, it may need to be replaced along with its housing which will add another 50k. While in Z4 Aurora, the Osram bulb, hardly heats up and despite googling, I have not come across any cases where the older Xgimi Z3 or Z3+ models have failed in the bulb dept. This was my prime reasons in opting for the Z4 Aurora.

I am not sure about Chromecast 2, but the Aurora Z4 is android based and has wifi/bluetooth features. It also has Harman/Kardon speakers. In can do whatever the Optoma can and more, except of course its is not full HD. But then I am satisfied with 720p.

Import Fees deposit (its a deposit) approx 13000 was refunded to my friend Last year December ; Finally it costed him 40k only. (HD 26 went for 525 $ during BF sales)
What's more My friend wasn't happy with the PQ (very critical eyes, he's a film producer) so he returned it to Amazon USA after getting the import fees refund within 30 days of return policy ! Amazon not only refunded him the entire amount paid but also refunded the Return shipping Costs from India to USA !
My Another friend ordered a Benq W1075 from Amazon USA , needed DLP chip replacement in 2 months.. Benq India honors international warranty for Projectors. I'm not sure about Optoma though. DLP chip was replaced free of cost here.

Optoma Bulb replacement is 13k but it'll be once in three years for most of us, I'm not in favor of small projectors because they will suffer from the heating issue still more.
I checked for the reviews of Aurora , not a single reliable review online. Most of them say that the gesture control and bluetooth functionality has lot of bugs, so expect lot more headaches later on. They were unable to install many streaming service apps .
I am more concerned about the PQ and Rainbows which are not clear in any reviews. Hopefully you'd give an unbiased review for us once you get it. Thanks for sharing the deal, I learnt about this brand for the first time.

Overall I feel it more like Chinese brand asking a lot for the specifications offered (Not even 1080p for 40k projector) , it shouldn't be costing more than 25k. BTW my local Optoma dealer had an unbranded 1080p Android projector for 25k, let me check with him , he even gave 2 yrs seller warranty for it.

Thanks for the input. I agree this Z4 Aurora is overpriced ( i paid approx.34k ) but looking at the specs I cant find anything else in this category at a lower price. The tech. is DLP LED and hence there are no heating issues and hence no bulb failures (Heat is mostly the main reason for bulb going kaput.) I really believe in this tech. and hence the purchase. Another thing, there is no colour wheel in this one and hence there will not be Rainbow issues.
Once I receive it will definitely post the review, though I am not much of a techie. It is expected to be shipped sometime in June 2016.

Back