CPU/Mobo z170 Mobo Not Using Gpu

PH0ENiX

Skilled
Hi guys,I have a Gigabyte z170 d3h mob and i3 4160 processor ripjawxz 3000mhz 16gb ram and a gt630 gpu.now the gpu is connected and fan spinning,but it is not detected in device manager and neither any video is coming out of it,i have to still plug into mobo vga/hdmi/displayport to get video.

any advice on how to configure the gpu on this new mobo?

Did you check the BIOS for settings of "primary display" - set to either GPU or Auto?[DOUBLEPOST=1470038840][/DOUBLEPOST]Another possibility is maybe you have to first use onboard video to setup the OS/drivers to use the GPU (maybe something like nvidia optimus CPU/GPU switching?)

Did you check the BIOS for settings of "primary display" - set to either GPU or Auto?[DOUBLEPOST=1470038840][/DOUBLEPOST]Another possibility is maybe you have to first use onboard video to setup the OS/drivers to use the GPU (maybe something like nvidia optimus CPU/GPU switching?)
idk about nv optimus

it worked fine (display from gpu)for like 5 minutes 3 days ago but havent worked after a relocation.

the primary display is set to pci1 and secondary to igpu and igpu is set to stay "on" with gpu connected
i tried switching it off but the circlejerk bios re enables it every time i try to boot

What do you mean by "relocation" ? If your primary display is set to PCI-1 try changing it to something else? (maybe "PCIe" instead of old "PCI" and don't pick the slot number? Isn't there an option for "auto"???)

Back