You're Actually paying 20% of Broadband Bill Amount to Govt.. But Wait.. Read this

swatkats

Skilled
I was thinking of Creating this thread, but forgot.

So you're Actually paying 20% of your internet bill to Govt.
How? 8% Internet Surcharge + 12.36% Service Tax. If you are spending 1500 on your internet bill then you're paying 300 Rupees to the Govt.
But wait.. What is the Govt doing?? I am Frustrated about this thing from the past year knowing what Govt should have done.

What the Hell they have Done... What they could have done?

1. Promote LLU: Those who aren't aware of this Refer Local Loop Unbundling (LLU) in India in 2012 | Telecomadda
LLU basically Reduces the cost for the ISP and Does Definitely Help the Wireline Internet Penetration Rate to Increase Very Rapidly.
Developed European countries and Even Fastest Broadband leaders Korea and Japan have Implemented Local loop unbundling.
Govt Doesn't Care about anything they just want to loot(Known thing i shouldn't have mentioned), No matter where the Country lies in Terms of Telecommunication.

2. Build own national optic fibre network : They have Planned to do Build Network now in 2012. After all this was on paper proposed in 2003 itself... 9years back. But thats again still on paper, a Committee has been Setup and Rs.20,000 Crore Construction cost has been Estimated.
May God knows when they'l Built This so called own Network. Again, Countries like Korea, Japan and other European nations have built their own National optic fibre network.
Update: This is being done right now and expected to complete in 2014.

3. Failing to Create Competition: They have Encouraged Voice Communications, But why not Encourage the Internet which has become Necessity. All They could have done is Removing Customs/ Taxes Applicable on CPE's and other Instruments.

<Submarine Cable Landing Charges are still High, The System will not interfere. Who cares when Minister babu's son has 20mbps internet by MTNL.:annoyed:

4. On Paper Expectations, Targets, Fake Surveys & the Big Joke 8% Surchage on present Internet Telephony licenses :
It Feels Good to hear and Read that Broadband Customer base will Grow Xyz million by 2010.
Failed to meet Every single Target..
* 20million Broadband consumers by 2010 ... Here we are in 2012 user base stands at 14.68million.. Clear Target Failure
* Recent Statement says They have Targeted 160M Broadband Users By 2017 and 600M By 2020.
How can the Subscribers up to X 10times in just 5 years? and 40 Times in just 8 years?
Though Such Targets were possible on Mobile Communications, it is definitely not possible in Broadband Sector.

* Surcharge Levy : I don't understand how could they even think of doing this??? The penetration Rate is just 1.1% its not even 10%!!
There are other ways for the GOVT to Collect the money which they have looted and Shared with their Allies.
*Update: Presently not being applied, but in future they would be.

With such Policies they will never achieve their Targets.. Not even by 10%.. with Falling Desktop Broadband base.. However This move was unnecessary
FQdoB.png

5. Broadband Definition: 256Kbps... 512Kbps.. 2mbps? Enough? With Growing numbers of Internet Applications.. 512kbps what to do with it???
do they even have brain?

6. TRAI and DOT : The Two Jokers of India.. They penalize and Create necessary Rules when some company is violating rules and Fine them.
Why Not punish/ care to keep the Isp's on Tracks who just Create the useless FUP named Unlimited Broadband with just 5,10Gb.
just to Read Newspaper online Daily???
Why not Interfere when the two Useless companies Airtel and Reliance do Illegal Site blocking Just to promote their own movies.
This is Democracy.. Right to Freedom.. Right to Talk... Bullsh*t:lol:

These are possibly the ways If implemented properly India could have been in top 20. At least NOT on paper!
Anything I am missing??

Let's have a meaningful discussion on this!!!

Ye hai Mera Bharat. Ye hai Bharat ka Nirmaan.
indflag.gif

Last edited:
Sorree--but the Jokers who are running our nation are least concerned with quality of life of Indian citizen. As long as they get their 5-10 crores per month/week/day- depending on how much dacoity they can do per Diem- they r happy. As far as things like LLU, National fibre network etc etc are concerned- these are farthest away from their minds- perhaps there is,nt enough 'Halwa' in these.

The Govt is least bothered about LLU, Their PSU BSNL has almost say80% Coverage in India, For Ex: a Guy from small Village say Punsri,Gujarat wants to bring Internet Connectivity to his village he can use BSNL's Infrastructure for some Fees and provide Internet connectivity and Even that small village can have 1-2mbps Speeds for 400-500 Rupees.

This is what Happens when Illiterates enter politics. I wouldn't go in to this politics/ corruption thing. basically every country has this thing. The above problems are because of Policy Failures and Aaa Dekhenge Chal Attitude.

Isn't that still high? If a person downloads 1TB per month from an ISP and his internet charges are 1000 per month, then what will the ISP get if he pays per GB? I know, its only for interconnection from one local isp to another, but its still too high, The fees should be flat rate 5-10k rupees per year. What does NIXI do besides leeching money off ISP's and making such random useless rules that do not benefit Indian isp's?

Edit: If i had an isp i wouldn't join that organisation.

The Govt is least bothered about LLU, Their PSU BSNL has almost say80% Coverage in India, For Ex: a Guy from small Village say Punsri,Gujarat wants to bring Internet Connectivity to his village he can use BSNL's Infrastructure for some Fees and provide Internet connectivity and Even that small village can have 1-2mbps Speeds for 400-500 Rupees.

This is what Happens when Illiterates enter politics. I wouldn't go in to this politics/ corruption thing. basically every country has this thing. The above problems are because of Policy Failures and Aaa Dekhenge Chal Attitude.
This is something new knew... Thanks for sharing.
If you can original source/gov. information, please kindly share.

Thank You.

Back