Your Experience with OLX/Quikr?

Most of the people using olx (especially for purchasing) are so douches that they don't even bother to read the ad completely and call asking stupid questions. All want to haggle and it is not like reasonable price but starightawat 50% less they say they will pay.
Here are some examples from my first hand experience.

1. I put the iPhone 6 case for sale for 300 Rs and I get a call from some dude that he wants to buy the iPhone I have put on sale for 300 Rs. I mean WTF, who in their right mind would sell an iPhone (and that too iPhone 6) for 300 Rs. Don't read ad properly and ask stupid questions. :mad:

2. I put my portable video player for sale and I have written it has TV out feature. I got more than 10 calls asking whether the player can play TV like dish tv, tata sky in that. Also since the company name is DVDFAB, they ask whether it can play DVD also. :p

3. I put a bluetooth for sale, sealed pack, flipkart amazon etc price is 2000 and I kept price as 1600. I get SMSes that people want to pay 700 and also give me upto 7 Pm to reply. Yeah right. Then there are trollers who will sms or message saying "Mera Budget sirf 800 Rs hai, mereko 800 me de do". lol
And here I was thinking that I was the only one. Trolls everywhere. :p

two days back, got a message on whatsapp from someone enquiring about a product i had listed last year on olx and quikr. the ad had been deleted by me (or it had expired) after the item listed got sold on a forum. i thought to log in and check what was the matter and how could someone still 'see' the ad. found (on olx; didn't check quikr) that i couldn't log in using my existing credentials. attempting to reset the password turned out futile, as the site threw an error that my email ID was not registered with them. stranger! so searched on it the item i had listed previously without logging in, and the search-results showed nothing (even on quikr when i checked later); means my ads weren't active. don't know then who sent me the msg, and how/why. am guessing some staff from olx/quikr.

anyway, that spurt me to activity. i re-registered on olx then, listed another item, and just now got another message, asking me if i could send the pics of the listed product to the messenger, and also final price of the item - that, when i have uploaded 5-6 clear pics of the item in my listing, plus hadn't checked the 'negotiable' option! either some people are trying to be overtly over-cautious and hence insisting on pics when they are already there in the listing, or some of them suffer from attention deficit disorder, or/and unable to comprehend the very evident details of an ad, or most probably, the olx staff itself is engaged in trolling!

Sold a TV 2 years ago and bought a optima chair for 9.5 k few days ago and yes bought a note 2 2 years ago, all experience fine....... Had to let man in house for TV.

But thing is you gotta be smart and should be able to judge the person on phone beforehand

anyway, that spurt me to activity. i re-registered on olx then, listed another item, and just now got another message, asking me if i could send the pics of the listed product to the messenger, and also final price of the item - that, when i have uploaded 5-6 clear pics of the item in my listing, plus hadn't checked the 'negotiable' option! either some people are trying to be overtly over-cautious and hence insisting on pics when they are already there in the listing, or some of them suffer from attention deficit disorder, or/and unable to comprehend the very evident details of an ad, or most probably, the olx staff itself is engaged in trolling!

seems like this one is a genuine buyer; following up with the conversation.

I wanted to buy monitor so went to see the used monitor in neighborhood the guy had bought the LCD monitor from US for 100-150$ it was around 6 years old 15-17" monitor. It was very crappy product (had a very low image contrast ratio)still the guy was asking for 8,000. I negotiated a bit but the guy was not ready to accept anything less than 6500. The guy was insisting since he bought the monitor from US so it command higher value. I tried explaining him the current situation that new monitor with similar technical specification costs around 5000-6000 so how could he is expecting so much from 6 year old used monitor. Finally i gave up and decided to get new monitor.

turned from his word? like in?

I called him from two diff. nos. just to confirm what he has to say.
On my primary no. he confessed that the ups is 9 yrs old. And said the batteries were replaced 3 yrs back and since then it was just lying idle.

From another no. ( I changed by voice using a hanky) he said its a 5 yr old model and lying idle since past a year.:confused:

Then he agreed me to give the data cable within 7 days incl. all accessories/manuals/ bill etc. But till date nothing!

I asked him for a days warranty while exchanging the unit and he agreed. Next day itself when the ups wasnt performing, he said "nobody gives warranty on 2nd hand goods and on olx etc.":rage:
Goodness that the chap wasnt on TE else...@@$@$

I said "I'm taking the ups to APC service center" and he replied "what guarantee that the apc people will take good care of the unit and they might do more harm than good".
Worse, he replied "whats the guarantee you will be returning my own unit and not somebody elses".... I bashed him pretty hard on this.. I would have really slapped his face if ever he was standing in front of me.:mad:

I was fully transparent in all matters and asked him to accompany to the APC centre and Exide battery showroom. But he was giving excuses of office. It clearly states that such people just want to dump their old useless stuff on others and then take no responsibility. They dont reveal the true facts & thats where it hurts & sucks the most!:eek:

Now thats his good luck that the ups is working as it should be after putting in new batteries.:angelic:

Then just some days ago I called him and said "Your ups was faulty and APC did a repair by replacing some capacitors and other mobo stuff and it cost me 2.5k" and this idiots reply was
"toh kya hua, achha hai na. Ab to naya jaisa ho gaya aapke liye. Bahar to new model 13k ko milta hai" :wtf:
This s** of a b**** always kept telling that new one costs 13k, so that means he wants the seller spending anything upto 12.9k for repairing his 10yr old unit as far as he isnt spending full 13k. Pathetic!!:banghead:

And yesterday night I called him up and said "I sold your UPS for 8.5k. I earned a hell of a profit man. & also I dont use any repaired gadgets, I simply sell repaired stuff!" :cool:;)
To this his reaction was wtf??? $##$#$@
He asked me "kisne liya 8.5k mein? Kya fek rahe ho?" to that I responded "Dude there are people out there very honest and nice and not somebody like you cheaters and cheap ones. I honestly revealed the buyer the whole maintenance I did on the ups and he was very happy and impressed and thus we had a very good deal. I even gave him 5 days testing warranty. I even bought a new data cable that too original ones from APC and gave that guy.
Now you keep that cables and accessories with you only and use them in your own body sockets.":p

That a** h** was speechless. I dropped a line though---- "Next time beware, your next deal may be with somebody as smart as me and a processional buyer. Cheap a** like you who turn by your own words really deserves all such wonderful thrashing.":jimlad:
I hanged off.
Poor fella.:hilarious:

As of now, quikr has started this delivery thing of theirs, where they will do home delivery of times from seller to buyer. With convenience fees depending on the weight of items. Has anyone tried this?

I got an good offer from a guy in bangalore for my ps3 in hyd. delivery and convenience fees were like 300 bucks. package weight is 3 kgs. But I couldn't trust quikr and hence decided against the sale[DOUBLEPOST=1470310756][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw I recently bought an Lg g3 for 7k. Updated it to MM and suddenly the proximity sensor died. Sold it off on reglobe for 7.5k :|

Last edited:
Bought a gaming pc with following config last month:
AMD FX-8320
MSI 970a G43 mobo
8GB DDR3 1333Mhz(4x2)
GTX 960 2GB
Antec Case
Antec 550VP PSU
1 TB WD Green

Price: 29000

All components are 1 year old and have atleast 2 year warranty left. Seller was very pleasant. I arrived at his home and we played games for 4 hours hence validating the quality of the PC. Even after a month we talk occasionally.

Bottomline: Go for deals which are win-win for both parties. Don't settle for a deal which seems even 0.1% shady. Don't buy without thoroughly testing the product. A seller selling good product will be upfront about all the facts and will have nothing to hide.

Last edited:
Sold a workout bicycle and table fan with no hassles.

But there are a lot of low-ballers who ask to reduce the price to 50% of the stated value :mad:

I have issues with quikr chat. Those started on app don't show up on web and vice versa. They also create buy alerts in my profile automatically. It's so buggy. Anyone else face these issues?

I have issues with quikr chat. Those started on app don't show up on web and vice versa. They also create buy alerts in my profile automatically. It's so buggy. Anyone else face these issues?
Only Olx app synchronises between desktop and mobile device seamlessly, Quikr app doesn't, not even between 2 Android devices.

There's a small tick box on desktop which needs to be unchecked for disabling alert creation. Settings in app to be tweaked.

Back