Your Experience with OLX/Quikr?

i sold my 520 for a good price for a couple of decent guys its all good
Yaa its good but its good for hand to hand local deal and not safe for deal from outside and there are 99% chance that you will be conned.
As i have sold many things from laptops,pc components, Video games consoles and mobile phones and they customers who bought the products are very satisfied as i also bought manything and i also had good experiance buying from olx but we should and always should avoid buying if its not hand to hand deal in olx, quickr.

Some good tips
Deal In public Places
Ask for alternate Phone Number if he or she has one
Take a Id proof of Person whom You are dealing with,probably ask for address Proof
Ask for Bill and Proof of purchase for the product

Last but not the least Make a receipt of the amount You had paid

I abc paid to xyz so much amount against the product (details of the product )
I have received the product in satisfactory manner mentioning the Contents

i xyz say i have received the amount from abc for the product i have sold

Buyer signature Seller Signature Date
Each one keeps one copy for the same

as @destiny said i just got a kaccha reciept and the dealing was done infront of a bank where cc cams were also present :p.

@hotshot05

I sold the phone+memorycard+amzercase for 6K after almost 6months of use :D
Pretty good price. Was it an 8GB memory card?

My father was cribbing about not being able to do anything with his Lumia 520. Wants an Android phone(since one can download any file using the browser there which is not easily done in Lumia. And he feels that the Android UI is simpler than WP).
Thinking about getting the Moto E for him.

I bought a car from OLX.in . It was an awesome deal, concluded about 2 months ago. Good experience, would try it again. I used the Android app. In case you want to know more, I can link you to the team bhp thread on the same.

Pretty good price. Was it an 8GB memory card?

My father was cribbing about not being able to do anything with his Lumia 520. Wants an Android phone(since one can download any file using the browser there which is not easily done in Lumia. And he feels that the Android UI is simpler than WP).
Thinking about getting the Moto E for him.
Yup 8GB

Wanted a basic non-touch feature phone and saw a listing on OLX for the same.
Spoke to the dude twice on the phone and he never showed up at the agreed upon time and place. .. jerk!!

A friend though got his friend a nice deal on a 6-month used Xperia Z from the same website. Nice guy, mint condition phone and overall a great deal!

I had a good experience with quikr site. Recently I was looking for 2bhk flat in Mumbai through Quikr.com I was able to visit real estates category of thier site and search for house and that too without brokerage. These kind of sites are really useful. :):):):)

Had put up a sale ad on olx and quikr for my E-PM1 camera for a couple of months but found no real buyers, some people used to call and ask for half the price thinking it was an E-PL1.

On the other hand, last week bought an olloclip from a local guy and the deal was smooth...no isssues/hassles!

Brought a male labrador pup for 5.3k at bhubaneswar through OLX. Vet was satisfied of the breed but the guy lied regarding the age. The pup was hardly 20days when he sold it off. I did not have that much idea then.

I was just going through the conversation above that always meet in public place.

My experience: I sold on quikr 2 times and on olx 1 time. Every time I met the person at my home as this helped me save a lot of time to travel and meet others. This even helped me prove that my stuff is authentic :-D

What has been others experience? Have you ever faced problem mentioning your personal address??

I was just going through the conversation above that always meet in public place.

My experience: I sold on quikr 2 times and on olx 1 time. Every time I met the person at my home as this helped me save a lot of time to travel and meet others. This even helped me prove that my stuff is authentic :-D

What has been others experience? Have you ever faced problem mentioning your personal address??

Well this is India. Anyone can walk in an slit your throat..! Though I had sold a water cooler (with a heavy compressor) some time back on these portals. I had no choice, but to let the buyer into my house. If you can opt in, to meet outside (if the device is small), why call strangers into your privacy and house.

I always avoid strangers at my home and now due to the rapidly rising crime rates off late I wonder how can anybody allow strangers at their place? In fact we should even avoid visiting their places and instead meet at a mid-convenient place.

Its ok if its a very big item or material like tv/ac/fridge/furniture etc. But have heard people even welcoming home strangers to sell their phones, batteries and similar misc. chiller items as well.

Yeah you are right this is India and we should avoid strangers at home.

Hey I am facing a problem. dont know if all of you also feel the same.

Problem: I want to buy on olx but the people some sellers I talked to made me feel uncomfortable as they sounded themselves too intelligent. I tried to get some information about them on google before meeting them in person. Do you think getting some social information about sellers on olx before buying can help better communication? sth like facebook profile of seller so that buyer get to know little about seller?

Yeah you are right this is India and we should avoid strangers at home.

Hey I am facing a problem. dont know if all of you also feel the same.

Problem: I want to buy on olx but the people some sellers I talked to made me feel uncomfortable as they sounded themselves too intelligent. I tried to get some information about them on google before meeting them in person. Do you think getting some social information about sellers on olx before buying can help better communication? sth like facebook profile of seller so that buyer get to know little about seller?

I doubt many of the sellers / buyers will even have a social network page. And even if they do, it will be lame and false. Not much can be told about a persons true motives looking at their FB page. We Indians are known to lie, connive, cheat, and go to any extent to save a buck. End of the day: most people see these portals as an alternate to "rubbish collectors" (kabbadi waala). As a rule of thumb keep this picture in mind. When in seller mode: you haggle for a best sale for your useless news papers and empty beer bottles, and when in buyer mode: you squirm and whine and try to dish out minimal money. Of course you will meet genuine articles. I bought a DE razor off OLX some time back. I met the person near a metro station. Started talking to him. He told me he works for an IT firm. It is a top player, I was almost tempted to forward him my CV. LOOOOL...! :)

Most of the people using olx (especially for purchasing) are so douches that they don't even bother to read the ad completely and call asking stupid questions. All want to haggle and it is not like reasonable price but starightawat 50% less they say they will pay.
Here are some examples from my first hand experience.

1. I put the iPhone 6 case for sale for 300 Rs and I get a call from some dude that he wants to buy the iPhone I have put on sale for 300 Rs. I mean WTF, who in their right mind would sell an iPhone (and that too iPhone 6) for 300 Rs. Don't read ad properly and ask stupid questions. :mad:

2. I put my portable video player for sale and I have written it has TV out feature. I got more than 10 calls asking whether the player can play TV like dish tv, tata sky in that. Also since the company name is DVDFAB, they ask whether it can play DVD also. :p

3. I put a bluetooth for sale, sealed pack, flipkart amazon etc price is 2000 and I kept price as 1600. I get SMSes that people want to pay 700 and also give me upto 7 Pm to reply. Yeah right. Then there are trollers who will sms or message saying "Mera Budget sirf 800 Rs hai, mereko 800 me de do". lol

Back