YOU Broadband - Chennai - Beware

technofast

Huh?
Adept
Couple of weeks back got a call from YOU broadband that they have coverage in my area (T.Nagar) and asked me if I am interested for a connection. I ignored first but after several calls from the sales guy went ahead and got trapped. They claimed a 33mbps line Rs.1750 for two months with 200 GB limit. Now after taking a cheque and debiting the money from my account they came back and said that the connection in the area is not possible now as they could not get the approval certificate for cabling from Chennai corporation for this area. I asked them to return the money and they are not doing it by simply stating that they do not have anything to do with accounts. Their call center is pathetic and they do not even give you a complaint number and just washed their hands off the issue. I even updated in their Facebook page with a complaint but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions to get the money back?

I hope you are aware that few days back their site is used to display a message " Please pay by Card/Cheque". I know a couple of guys who didn't get their money back from the sales guy.

I did not pay them by cash. I paid them by cheque. Atleast I have a proof to claim later. In any other country they would be out of business if they do such things to customers but here it is taken for granted. When I checked their face book page I was able to see many complaints like mine. I should have checked before paying as always there is a saying `buyer beware'. I can only blame myself here for not checking these morons out properly.

I did not pay them by cash. I paid them by cheque. Atleast I have a proof to claim later. In any other country they would be out of business if they do such things to customers but here it is taken for granted. When I checked their face book page I was able to see many complaints like mine. I should have checked before paying as always there is a saying `buyer beware'. I can only blame myself here for not checking these morons out properly.

Since you paid by cheque (assuming you have a connection request form receipt as well) IMO you have a legal edge. You can take screenshots of their FB page. Send all info via mail to them and threaten legal action. Maybe, any lawyer on the forum can advice.

I paid to Den Boomband in advance. That too in cash. Now thinking ... could have happened to me...

@technofast,

Try Contacting their Appellate Authority

Code:
P Mahendran
YOU Broadband India Pvt. Ltd.
No: 132/1, "SWEETY MALL",
IVth floor,
Kodambakkam High Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - 600034
Email: appl.che@youbroadband.co.in
Contact No: 09840663239
(Available between 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday)

@technofast,

Try Contacting their Appellate Authority

Code:
P Mahendran
YOU Broadband India Pvt. Ltd.
No: 132/1, "SWEETY MALL",
IVth floor,
Kodambakkam High Road,
Nungambakkam,
Chennai - 600034
Email: appl.che@youbroadband.co.in
Contact No: 09840663239
(Available between 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM from Monday to Friday)

I spoke with this person but not much of help. He itself seems to be helpless in dealing with the situation and just apologizing for what happened. He told it would take another month to get the connection to the area. Meanwhile I spoke with their customer service and got a complaint number and asked them to refund the money. They CS has promised 4 days to resolve this but I doubt if they will. Just need to wait and see.

why did you pay without getting the connection started ???? :eek::eek::eek:
you cant be so naive i guess !
Which country are you living in?
As far as I know in India, almost all broadband AND telephony companies make you pay the installation etc fees upfront.
In this case it was clubbed with advance payment for 2 months, which technofast fell for.

Back