Xiaomi Mi TV 4

mi tv 4 55.jpg

At ₹ 39,999, Xiaomi is putting up a good competition.

A few things I heard which were not interesting about Mi TV 4 55"

1. No Hotstar support, yet

2. No Chromecast support

3. No Play Store

Interestingly, Mi TV 4 will work with a variety of set-top boxes available in the Indian scenario. They say it is plug in the set-top box and forget it. The AI powered Patchwall UI will take care of your STB UI.

Last edited:
55" Smart TV with 4K resolution....

HDR TVs are sold at 80k +, if I remember correctly[DOUBLEPOST=1519120863][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would this be good choice for Ps4 Pro?

What would you look for ? Refresh rate ?[DOUBLEPOST=1519120916][/DOUBLEPOST]

does not look that vibrant. maybe the reviewer is using low exposure or low lights or bad camera.

Thought the same with iGyaan video. Digit and GeekyRanjit videos looked much better.

One review said the sound was not great. Also, no AV video out, only co-axial

@paarkhi, yup the price point is crazy good for a 4K hdr tv set.
@meetdilip, av out is of no concern now days since there are lots of other electronic devices through which you can record or stream content now. those days are gone where if we lost one episode, we cannot see it again. now most episodes are shown at least thrice a day plus available to stream online plus stb's have recording facility in them.

i think the picture is dull because its in HDR. it was like a head smacking moment. everything in hdr looks washed out and dull compared to normal tv because the colour range is much much higher in hdr. i guess its normal then for a hdr tv.

Refresh rates - according to specs this has just 60Hz and 8ms response times.

Power: 155W :O I wonder why it requires so much power? led tv can easily run in 100w or less now.

No HDR standard support. No Dolby Vision, No HDR10 and definitely not HLG. The HDR thing is just snake oil in this. I'd not make my decision based on the HDR performance on this because it'd be pathetic. But for just 4K resolution, it is a wonderful price.

The first sale is on 22 nd Feb.

Digit review said that Xiaomi will soon allow apps on Xiaomi phones to work on this TV. Not sure when it will be available. There was also talk about sideloading of apps.

For me, no Play Store and no Chromecast is a lack lusture deal. You will miss a lot of apps.[DOUBLEPOST=1519145185][/DOUBLEPOST]Latest video by iGyann. I can see Netflix and PlayStore in the video added to the TV. Not sure how he put them there

Last edited:
How is this tv for mainly gaming on Xbox one x and PS4 pro ..

I have seen a review which says it 10bit hdr 4k 60hz panel .. everyone prasing panel ...

I will buy one and check it out :)

The first sale is on 22 nd Feb.

Digit review said that Xiaomi will soon allow apps on Xiaomi phones to work on this TV. Not sure when it will be available. There was also talk about sideloading of apps.

For me, no Play Store and no Chromecast is a lack lusture deal. You will miss a lot of apps.[DOUBLEPOST=1519145185][/DOUBLEPOST]Latest video by iGyann. I can see Netflix and PlayStore in the video added to the TV. Not sure how he put them there

You will have to download an APK of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video App and install it on the MI TV via a USB drive

Other apps can be side-loaded - Sahu shows us a cool feature where you can download apps to your phone, and then automatically side-load them on the TV using the Mi Remote app.

Last edited:
View attachment 73829
2. No Chromecast support
You can buy a chromecast/firestick and use it with this tv.[DOUBLEPOST=1519192329][/DOUBLEPOST]
iGyaan video says that even after installing Netflix app, it is not working.
iirc he did cast netflix and it works with HDR right?[DOUBLEPOST=1519192420][/DOUBLEPOST]I bought a 55inch 1080p LG Led for 63k after offers. Mi tv is a damn good deal. 40k for 4k with excellent panel plus it looks cool than my LG for sure.

I hope some reviewers will tell us if this TV supports HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 Chroma, max brightness measured in nits and Also whether if this TV can play 1080p H.265 10bit videos.

Back