Xiaomi Feedback

Jasku

Skilled
Guys,
I wanted to share my feedback with Xiaomi after sales unit here Chennai. The MI3 bought last August, still under warranty was giving some trouble and it wouldn't charge. So looked up the service centers in Chennai and went to-
AP Technologies
Address:Shop No.5 Ceebros Complex, Old No.45, New No.39, Montieth Road, Egmore, Chennai - 600008

They said they had to change the USB board which isnt covered under warranty and had to be paid for, the bill would amount to Rs.2000. This is just pathetic, I don't understand why the USB board isn't covered under warranty and how a phone that costed me Rs.13000 needs a USB board change in less than a year close to 20% of the phone's cost. I have since posted this query on their Facebook and Twitter pages, its been over 24 hours no one has bothered to respond.

I understand this is a franchise center, they lady at the counter was rude and there were at-least 10-15 people with the same USB charging issue. I have recommended Xiaomi products to my colleagues, about 4-5 of own them purely on my recommendation, but this experience and their warranty policy, really warrants a rethink on Xiaomi products.

I wanted to share this to caution all of you before taking the plunge with Xiaomi products, also if anyone has had similar experience, please do let us know.

After 4 months my MI3 had a swollen battery problem. I kept delaying it and after some days it something else was broken due to the swollen battery's increase in size and I was getting no signal.
I went to the service center in Lajpat Nagar in New Delhi. They accepted the phone without much fuss. Said they will call me in a week to collect the phone.
I was kinda skeptic concerning the warranty seeing those Blackberry users at the service center complaining that they haven't got their phones back even after a month!
But to my relief, I got a call just after 5 days and both the battery and signal problems were rectified. The phone has been working fine after that for the last 3-4 months.

I am facing bad experience against Mi Band Replacement Service ..
I have ordered Mi Band on 9th June and Received Defective USB charger.. then I called up Nearest Service Center (Vashi, Navi Mumbai) they said we don't provide Service for Mi Band and Mi Power Bank .. After that I called at Customer Service they registered my problem . They told me your problem will be solved within 7 - 10 working day .. After 12 days pasted I have called 3 times they told "Your Replacement Process in Transit" ..
Today a month has past still waiting for Replacement

Last edited:
I am facing bad experience against Mi Band Replacement Service ..
I have ordered Mi Band on 9th June and Received Defective USB charger.. then I called up Nearest Service Center (Vashi, Navi Mumbai) they said we don't provide Service for Mi Band and Mi Power Bank .. After that I called at Customer Service they registered my problem . They told me your problem will be solved within 7 - 10 working day .. After 12 days pasted I have called 3 times they told "Your Replacement Process in Transit" ..
Today a month has past still waiting for Replacement

Purchased Charger Cable from ebay.in

Last edited:
Guys, there is a reason why they have great phones with great specs for around half the price of the major OEM's.

And the main reason is cost cutting, specially in A.S.S. Keep in mind that I am not saying that its ok, but thats the model that they work on and thats the model they will continue to follow till the country gets a proper consumer protection law, which hurts errant manufacturers and dealers. But once this law comes in be prepared to see price hikes as well.

Seeing this thread just when I'm thinking of getting a Xiaomi product is making me nervous.
Have all of you contacted Hugo Barra about the problems? He might reply on twitter. He often talks to customers/fans there. But if the situation is really bad then we need to warn other people about it.
(not that i expected the service to be good in the first place)

Back