PC Peripherals XFX PRO 650W vs TX650

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
I'm confused about those. XFX PRO 650W is 6.5k and TX650 is 6k.
Xfx looks good than corsair.
But can anybody help me out? There is any other difference?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The 12v rail capacity is also same (53AMP).

I'd reckon go one notch up with the Corsair to pick the 750 one. It's got some awesome reviews, one even by JonnyGuru! And its barely 500-600 up north of the 650.

PS: I am getting the Seasonic 850 instead of the XFX because when I called Rashi they said warranty is 2 years.

sarang said:
I'd reckon go one notch up with the Corsair to pick the 750 one. It's got some awesome reviews, one even by JonnyGuru! And its barely 500-600 up north of the 650.

PS: I am getting the Seasonic 850 instead of the XFX because when I called Rashi they said warranty is 2 years.
XFX warranty is 5years!

buy corsair...after sales service is top notch fom corsair...u should avoid rashi and akshay at all cost in kolkata...please dont buy xfx psu bcoz of looks...:cool2:

Wow, a lot of people here that seem to go with brand names only.

If I am not wrong, the XFX is a re branded Seasonic unit and that should be enough to seal the deal. Add a better efficiency rating and modular cabling and it should be a no brainer. The XFX has some superb pedigree behind it.

My only issue would be to figure out who would be the distri and warranty provider.

+1 to Mav.

XFX have just gotten into the PSU game recently and have been getting rave reviews everywhere. You should probably look up some of them before passing judgment.

^^^maybe

but Rashi and Akshay are enough Buzzkill for the Brand XFX

what if something goes wrong?

haven't you heard the horror tales regarding Rashi?

I believe Rasi has improved their services, specially on Asus. Now if thats an Asus intiative I dont know. But if I were to face a problem, I would try the normal way and if that dont work then escalate to the company guys directly.

Basically a PSU cannot be denied warranty unless you have opened it or poured water in it...There is no modding to be done, other than the cable sleeving and if you dont do that, I dont see a reason for a PSU manufacturer to not honor the warranty.

mav2000 said:
Wow, a lot of people here that seem to go with brand names only.

If I am not wrong, the XFX is a re branded Seasonic unit and that should be enough to seal the deal. Add a better efficiency rating and modular cabling and it should be a no brainer. The XFX has some superb pedigree behind it.

My only issue would be to figure out who would be the distri and warranty provider.

Yup. The 750 is based on the M-12D platform. The PSU is built like a tank. The only issues Jonny found was the horrible green theme and non-standard screws. Both cosmetic and otherwise he was all praise for the unit. I was going to pick the XFX 750 but cancelled it at the last minute as the Rashi folks denied a 5 year warranty. Even showed him the XFX site where it says 5 years, still he was adamant on 2 years. So I thought better not to argue with the fools and settle for a Seasonic.

Basically a PSU cannot be denied warranty unless you have opened it or poured water in it...There is no modding to be done, other than the cable sleeving and if you dont do that, I dont see a reason for a PSU manufacturer to not honor the warranty.

Denying warranty is not the issue, but the pain undergone for the RMA process is. I would goto Rashi only on the worst case scenario, now a days I do not look at the product but rather ASS provider :)

sarang said:
Yup. The 750 is based on the M-12D platform. The PSU is built like a tank. The only issues Jonny found was the horrible green theme and non-standard screws. Both cosmetic and otherwise he was all praise for the unit. I was going to pick the XFX 750 but cancelled it at the last minute as the Rashi folks denied a 5 year warranty. Even showed him the XFX site where it says 5 years, still he was adamant on 2 years. So I thought better not to argue with the fools and settle for a Seasonic.
Akshay enterprise said that the warranty is 5 years.. :D

So at last which is the best?

Remove the after sales service

suggest a psu for my specs

asus p8z77-v pro

i5 2500k

xfx 6950 xxx 2 gb

Please also quote the price

This is a very old thread,you should go for Corsair TX650 V2-5.2k OR Seasonic S12ii 620W-4.7k.
So at last which is the best?

Remove the after sales service

suggest a psu for my specs

asus p8z77-v pro

i5 2500k

xfx 6950 xxx 2 gb

Please also quote the price

Back