CPU/Mobo Xeon PC at insane price

how you are going to import it... Even I may need one.
Going to u.s October.

Update:This article is pure BS in 2016.Yes u can get dual xeons working but the mobo will mostly suck and even if u Found a gr8 super micro mobo then the following issues come forward

No ddr4 support -u can buy absurb priced high speed ddr3 but that will still suck with Battle field 1 and overwatch

No sli/crossfire -can get a single Gtx 1080 but still no upgrade options left

U will require a Huge case for using it corsair 750d+ caselabs th10+

T.L.D.R
Makes Little sense for Gaming in 2016[DOUBLEPOST=1474711547][/DOUBLEPOST]---------------------UPDATE------------------------

EBAY HAS 1866MHZ DDR3 16GB FOR 60USD
Some SUPERMICRO mobos DO have sli
old servers cases are CHEAP!

i am buying this

Last edited:
Had ordered Xeon PCs (CPU and Monitor) at office for rendering and simulation, The PCs just came last week.

Configuration:-
Proccesor: Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650 v4 (12C, 2.2GHz, 2.9GHz Turbo, 2400MHz, 30MB, 105W)
Cabinet : Dell Precision Tower 5810 825W TPM, BW
Ram : 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
SSD : 5" 256GB SATA Class 30 Solid State Drive
HDD : 4TB 3.5inch Serial ATA (5.400 Rpm) Hard Drive
GPU : NVIDIA Quadro M5000 8GB (4 DP) (1 DP to SL-DVI adapter)
Monitor : Dell P2415Q 23.8" Ultra HD Monitor

Ordered from Dell.

Having a blast.

Had ordered Xeon PCs (CPU and Monitor) at office for rendering and simulation, The PCs just came last week.

Proccesor: Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650 v4 (12C, 2.2GHz, 2.9GHz Turbo, 2400MHz, 30MB, 105W)

Ordered from Dell.

Having a blast.
i agree xeon are not poor,
but in the above case even through we are getting a dual xeon setup THAT USED TO COST 3 LAKHS and was used by google,Facebook for less then 40k
finding a decent mobo is a headache. and for 500usd we can get wayyy feature rich mobo+cpu for most workloads,
these processors are not pointless and definitely a steal at 96% of their original mrp.

If your workload require These processors STOP!
look at modern skylake,haswell alternatives and then decided whether you can use them or still plan to go with the xeons
if u still plant to use the xeons then hunt for a decent mobo.

Last edited:
LOL, I already did this

The cost of 2 CPUs for me came to about 12K. The board from Supermicro came to 30K. Its running as a HyperV server and is working well so far ~ 6 months.

However, you need to understand that its not really that expensive.

The tray price for a E5 2420v4 which is the latest entry level 8C/16T CPU is only about 35K from the right guy in Lamington. So, you would need to spend 1 lakh for a dual CPU barebones.[DOUBLEPOST=1474773444][/DOUBLEPOST]DDR3 ECC RDIMMs are not that expensive, infact, similarly priced to DDR4 ECC RDIMMs.

I picked up 16GB DDR3 RDIMMs - Kingston, 4 pieces for 30K approx 6 months back.[DOUBLEPOST=1474773576][/DOUBLEPOST]Coming to SLI - you dont need a SLI board anymore! There are enough lanes to handle dual GPU with the right board.

Case will be an issue, you need a EATX case.

Search for my virtualization lab thread, I have put all details there.

Last edited:

Ordered from Dell.

Having a blast.

Which softwares you use? how they perform at rendering? CPU or GPU rendering?

the processors given in the link are already used by facebook or other big companies... we dont know how many years they were used. so will it stand in the long run? especially since the xeon setup parts are costlier in India. I cannot import at will.

I had initially bought a brand new pedestal server (Dual Xeon Processors, 16 Gig DDR3 RAM, 2TB*2 HDD, Chieftec Case) last year for data storage, vm and centralized authentication for all our workstations in office but somehow ended up using our older HP server instead of this one. So it had been sitting at my home for past 1 year still in the box untouched. I was thinking about selling the whole thing on TE but now i think i will use it as home server or rendering workstation.

I think i would need invest into decent amount of HDD's, HDD docks and a decent graphic card (Nvidia GTX 1060 probably) to make it usable for my purpose.

^^ Actually, just signup with shopandship or ppobox or the other forwarding box agencies. These will allow you to import the same. Thats what I did.

As for the mobo, I would suggest getting a X99 which supports it. For dual CPU, as around in lamington.

Back