Xbox 360 Controller - DeadZone - XBCD Drivers - Pinnacle Game Profiler - Thread

Read a few things about deadzone problem here

- Matt Brett » Xbox 360 Controller For Windows: Review

- Matt Brett » Configuring Your Xbox 360 Controller For Windows

- GameSpot Forums - Need for Speed Most Wanted - xbox 360 controll problem

They are using Pinnacle Game Profiler as a solution.

Link:- Add gamepad / joystick support to any game - Pinnacle Game Profiler

OR

XBCD Drivers - can set the DeadZone

XBox Controller Driver

XBox Controller Driver Installation

XBCD FAQ

XBox Controller Driver

XBCD - XBox Controller Driver Forum -> Xbcd 360 Full Install Drivers

Whats are u guys using to fix this deadzone.

I am assuming that deadzone issue is related to the car automatically getting turned without turing it on the controller.

If the XBCD Drivers fixes this issue then i am going to install the XBCD Drivers right away as it will help me control

the car better in NFSC while drifting.

I downloaded the XBCD Drivers 1.07 but how do i first get rid of the M$ Drivers.

I tried removing and uninstalling it through device manager but the moment i reconnect it finds the default ms drivers.

before i got the XBCD drivers, the 360 pad was givin me trouble, esp in MW where the car who slide to one side in a straight line and it was feelin' loose !!!, once i got the XBCD drivers I didnt face any problem...

Thanks Arun for helpin me setup those drivers :)

I downloaded the XBCD Drivers 1.07 but how do i first get rid of the M$ Drivers.

I tried removing and uninstalling it through device manager but the moment i reconnect it finds the default ms drivers.

Xbcd 360 Install Guide

This worked for me :D .. also .. download XBCD from here : http://home.comcast.net/~buddy027/XBCD_XP.exe

Ahh .. do check this out too :D : Xbcd 360 DOwnload Page

And ... :p .. again .. use this profile :D : http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/configs/xboxtriggersseperate.xgi

ive decided to stay away from xbcd and get used to the car sliding all over the place while playing racing games because thats the only way ill be able to play here in india. my other competitors chose to label me a cheater after i won the semi final round @ wcg 2006 because of my "third party" "patched" "hacking " (? lol) drivers enabling my "car to go faster" which is the same as cheating. nobody understood the word "deadzone" and i got sick and tired of explaining it to everybody. they almost threw me out of there so i had to settle for the dumb stock drivers, but its cool that i won wcg with those drivers anyway. its a handicap, but not if you get used to it.
besides, games like rainbow six vegas, splinter cell double agent, marvel ultimate alliance and shit like that have support for stock xbox360 controller drivers with vibration and you dont even need to set the controls from the controls menu.
hell, if i had it my way i'd use xbcd all the time. its just that i dont want to give my opponents the slightest opportunity to find an excuse as to why they lost racing against me.

Well i've not tried other games , but yeah , i can live with the deadzone :p .. going to try some other games soon :D ... but the XBCD rockz :D ...

BTW ,, arun .. nice to see u finally got the Opty :p .. ur 3200+ must be relaxing now :D ..

it was an amd 3000+. ive released a huugggeee bottleneck thanks to the new processor. it isnt as good as a c2d, but its good nonetheless. i thought of shifting to intel with the money i won at a college gaming event but blah too much effort getting rid of everything and buying new stuff.

Ur CPU is good enough dude .. keep the res. high and u'll never notice the difference anyway ....

And using a full 64 bit environment the performance diff. would be down to under 10% just for the CPU .. so u'll hardly notice the diff.

might be offtopic... but while i was searching for some FREE keybd/mouse emulator i came across this... "http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm" excellent app... lets u play games which dont even support gamepads... my dual shock controller works perefctly... also if u got a wireless gamepad.. u can even control ur pc using this from ur couch... :D

also found this "http://www.blueshareware.com/bluetooth_remote_control.asp" (shareware :( )

something to help control pc using bluetooth phone....

sorry for the off topic post... but couldent get myself to make a new thread just to post this...

Yea JoyToKey is free and pretty good. You can even emulating the mouse with it, but that takes some understanding of how the utility works.

The english release for the latest version 3.7.9 - or even older english releases for that matter - seems to be removed from the original Japanese author's page.
I still have it though if anyone wants it as the Electracode page only has version 3.7.4 latest in english.

deathvirus_me said:
Gives a more realistic force feedback .. thats all i could find :p ..

I have turned off force feedback while gaming , feel it a bit distracting while drifting :D

And using "updatedxbcd360.xgi" as its working gr8 for me.

Back