Windows cannot find '(null)'... error message - HELP !

jinvidia

Adept
I have been getting this message whenever i access My Computer or Control panel. But sometimes it is normal.

"Windows cannot find '(null)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search ."

I installed HJinstall and i dont find any suspectful entry.

The maching is running billing software with crystal reports, VB and SQL server 2000. Is this error caused by such old softwares?

I tried some registry tools like the registry easy but the issue persists. Nothing seems to rectify this issue. When i access other portions of the O/s i dont get this error message. What does this error mean and why is it irritating like this ?

MACHINE SPECS:

athlon 2 x2

m2n 68am plus

2 gb ddr2

500gb seagate

win xp SP3..

please help...

thanx in advance

I registered some dll files for the billing software. Can those dll files damage the registry which has resulted in this issue ?

None of these so called registry cleaners do the job. So i am going to install another copy of xp in a diferent partition and watch.

IE version is 8. And this error doesnt show up when in start IE. Its only when i open my computer or control panel...

I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling IE but no fruit...

IE version is 8. And this error doesnt show up when in start IE. Its only when i open my computer or control panel...

I even tried uninstalling/reinstalling IE but no fruit...

Try to restore your system to an earlier date using 'System Restore'.

You'll get a list of dates to choose from to restore your Windows from the backup provided you have not deleted them. Choose a date from the list to restore your windows to when it worked normally or before you started encountering this issue.

Do update here on the progress.
<

Back