Windows 7 Boot Error 0xc000000e

avi

Skilled
All of a sudden the laptop stopped booting. There have been no changes made, software or hardware wise. So I don't know why is this happening. Anyone here to know why? Has the HDD failed? Laptop is 3 years old.

The instructions on screen says 'Repair your computer' with a bootable Windows 7 DVD. Am I gonna lose any data on C drive or other drives?

Error status: 0xc000000e
File: \Boot\BCD
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407255621.618530.jpg

Seems like MBR or BCD is damaged, try to repair it with repair option in Windows 7 Installation disc or USB. You won't loose any data if you would try to fix bootloader only.

windows bootable cd/dvd and then fix bootloader option in the repair/recovery section.

Not working guys :-(

There was no repair boot loader, but there was 'Start up repair' and it reported its fine and there's nothing to repair

Do it manually with command line, Command prompt option is available in the System Recovery Options dialog box. Run these commands one by one:
Code:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /rebuildbcd

I believe I should run them after changing current directory to C drive right? Currently the working directory is X and I cannot 'cd' into C

Or are these commands are system wide?

Bloody hell, I just rebooted and now it's working fine. Could HDD corrupted? Health status in HD Tune Pro

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407324585.143241.jpg

Secondly, now I can boot into Windows are there any tools/software which can diagnose the boot loader?

I face the same issue, might have been a improper shutdown, but clicking enter, it proceeds to boot Windosws 7, will most probably format it again and then check

Bloody hell, I just rebooted and now it's working fine. Could HDD corrupted? Health status in HD Tune Pro

View attachment 43947

Secondly, now I can boot into Windows are there any tools/software which can diagnose the boot loader?

Your HDD is failing so take backup and RMA it if it's within warranty period. Otherwise just buy a new one.

^so its gone? nothing can be done? warranty expired long ago

its not gone. it's just faulty now. Bad sectors are created in HDD's and usually they are relocated to where no data is there. If you start filling up your HDD there is a very good chance it will go down again.

Backup all important documents to an external drive.
Buy new HDD for laptop if you want the peace of mind. or else continue using the same until it lasts but make sure all the important docs are backed up.

ideally, if you run the scandisk, the os will automatically move the stuff from bad sectors to good sectors and mark the bad sectors.

Back