Windows Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Hey FMs,

Wanted to share what I recently installed on my main machine. This OS is a beauty.

1.jpg
2.jpg

All the goodness of 7 (Start menu) and feels even faster than 8.1.

I will use it as default OS for now..

Regards.

PS: No games installed as of now. No problems with media players and MS Office 2007 yet.

Hv u installed it in dual mode and if yes with what OS and how?

Secondly, the iso file which u downloaded from MS site is bootable and when we write it on DVD, it automatically becomes bootable or...?

Single BOOT. It is an ISO file. I installed it from bootable pen drive. If you have a USB3 system just make sure you insert the pen in USB2 port.
Hv u installed it in dual mode and if yes with what OS and how?

Secondly, the iso file which u downloaded from MS site is bootable and when we write it on DVD, it automatically becomes bootable or...?

No mine is a USB 2 system. But hv heard that Win10 have lots of bugs and we can't play many games on it. So will continue with Win7 for the while.

Faster snappier than 8.1. Everything is superior.
How fast is it. And how are the boot-up times..?
[DOUBLEPOST=1417460165][/DOUBLEPOST]Lots of? I faced few and tried no games.
No mine is a USB 2 system. But hv heard that Win10 have lots of bugs and we can't play many games on it. So will continue with Win7 for the while.
[DOUBLEPOST=1417496193][/DOUBLEPOST]
How fast is it. And how are the boot-up times..?

With this new SSD my PC boots in less than 20 secs (most of the times). I am on AMD Dual core old gen. Nothing juggernaut about my PC.

128 GB SSD.JPG

Last edited:
Only gripe as of now its that since its a technical preview updates cannot be disabled.

This OS will be a winner imho.

Last edited:
All this positive talk made me interested in downloading Windows 10 :D.

Many people do not like Windows 8, but I do, and I really think it is a step forward from Windows 7. Windows 7 is good too, but Windows 8 is certainly better, and more streamlined. I was waiting for Windows 9, and happy that it would be a free upgrade to Windows 8. Was disappointed to know that it wasn't coming, and instead Windows 10 will be the next OS, and it will be until a few months in to the next year to be released.

I hope that Windows 10 will be free for Windows 8 users.

Off to search for the link to download Windows 10 :D.

They might come up with free upgrade. I liked it a lot but I moved back to 8.1 as I was bored of the updates :p
All this positive talk made me interested in downloading Windows 10 :D.

Many people do not like Windows 8, but I do, and I really think it is a step forward from Windows 7. Windows 7 is good too, but Windows 8 is certainly better, and more streamlined. I was waiting for Windows 9, and happy that it would be a free upgrade to Windows 8. Was disappointed to know that it wasn't coming, and instead Windows 10 will be the next OS, and it will be until a few months in to the next year to be released.

I hope that Windows 10 will be free for Windows 8 users.

Off to search for the link to download Windows 10 :D.

Yes, I read somewhere that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for existing Windows 8 individual users. Hope that's true.

Well, I started the download last night, still not completed.. have a slow speed internet.

Yes, someone on other forum said that even after downloading the ISO, there will be huge updates, as the ISO is not of the latest build. If that's the case and the updates are huge, then it will be really a pain on a slow speed internet.

Let's see how it goes. I will be installing it on a spare hard drive.

Downloaded it, and installed it. Installation was like Windows 8, and took as much time.

I didn't find it any different than Windows 8, in booting time or shutdown.

The icons have been changed.

There is now a Start Menu which is good, and the apps are included there too, which is also good. It still retains the right click features from Windows 8.1. I still haven't installed any third party programs to see how the Start Menu will behave.

I don't find it much different from Windows 8... could have been provided as a Windows 8 update itself?

I still hope they keep it free for Windows 8 users.

It is much snappier, the start menu is not metro style and is highly tweakable.
Downloaded it, and installed it. Installation was like Windows 8, and took as much time.

I didn't find it any different than Windows 8, in booting time or shutdown.

The icons have been changed.

There is now a Start Menu which is good, and the apps are included there too, which is also good. It still retains the right click features from Windows 8.1. I still haven't installed any third party programs to see how the Start Menu will behave.

I don't find it much different from Windows 8... could have been provided as a Windows 8 update itself?

I still hope they keep it free for Windows 8 users.

Installed it on my ASUS laptop. Having issues with Intel HD drivers - I cannot install them. So media playback is full of glitches.

Office Technical Preview is a joke - it feels like a stripped down version of Word and Excel.

Had issues with the WiFi - an uninstall and reinstall of the same fixed it.

Finally, since I had not overwritten Windows 7 - went back to it. :p

Back