Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

girish925

Adept
faf.jpg
hello got this pop up message , currently on win 7 64 bit , is it worth to upgrade ?

girish

Last edited:
I would say no harm in reserving atleast, but do make sure that there is a way by which we can make it not install forcefully - just in case one finds Win 7 more comfy.

read on the webstie

Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial. 3GB download required; standard data rates apply. To take advantage of this free offer, you must upgrade to Windows 10 within one year of availability. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.

Awesome. Only one thing, the next time you want to install Windows 10, you may need first install Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10. This is how MS has operated in the past, however there are workarounds always.

At first I thought my PC was hacked..it said FREE and it was MICROSOFT! :p
BTW @OP : How was your detox bath session?
I'm also interested in binaural music,any suggestions?
No Lisa Ann for me,I prefer Indian.

Last edited:
I have been using win 10 beta for a while now. its like I think its few months already. the things I observed are...
1. Everytime windows updates, I have to reinstall my graphics drivers or my firefox and other browsers will crash/tear while playing videos and some other rendering issues. (290X card at 2k res)
2. Some of the applications wont even launch, they just die without any error message.
3. had few issues with lan connectivity but it has become stable now.
4. I keep desktop icons at 150% zoom all the time but they change to 100% zoom randomly and the icons get rearranged. then after few days they become normal again. very weird issue.
5. Waking up the system from sleep is always a problem. most of the times I end up rebooting as one or the other device wont work properly. mostly one of the usb devices like mouse or keyboard or camera etc...
6. rebooting takes longer. windows is supposed to take around 10secs when booting from ssd but mine usually takes around 40secs. its a little irritating.
7. some of the windows apps just wont launch. like mxplayer.

overall the win 10 is not stable yet. so stay away.

^^I believe this means, you have to upgrade within 1 year from the release date if you want to get it for free. Else you'll have to buy it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah and it says "for the supported lifetime of the device" with no clarity on what "supported lifetime" translates to.

I read somewhere they are offering it to pirates as well but those copies wont get updates . Can anyone confirm it ? and I also resreved it . And for reinstallation am pretty sure it will work with standard windows 10 iso . I directly install 8.1 with my 8 pro key , so i dont have any reason to suspect Windows 10 should be any different .

It will probably take a while to clear up all our doubts, I'm sure even MS people themselves haven't yet finalised on what to allow and what not.

But yes, I do hope for Win 8.1 pro retail license key we can just install from Win10 ISO using that key beyond the 1 year free upgrade offer.

For other versions (like Win10 Home) I am hoping that MS will store the machine specs online on your MS account and during the next fresh install it will just lookup that info and automagically proceed with allowing the installing to go through :D

Yeah, I'm not sure how "official" a twitter post can be, they could easily change their minds whenever they please.

Back