Will you buy a smart watch now? Or Do you own already?

Are you a smart watch user or future-user?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi.

Its inevitable now. Smart watches are for real. All comapnies are going in with everything they got. This year end, Apple is also going in. I am very sure, for some people ;) that will be the time when smart watch is "invented" or "revolutionized" and people will go "OMFG, How did I not had this before?".

So do you plan to get one? In India where the data speeds are measly and expensive where people get paid peanuts. :(. Or do you already own one? If so can you share your usage?

Thanks.

Yesterday i checked out the devices section of google play India, and both Samsung and LG watches are on sale, and both cost 15k plus. Personally I like the styling of the moto 360, and would consider buying if it is reasonably priced.

I may go for iWatch if it is really good. I am already iOS user so I think It makes more sense to buy something which will integrate well with iPhone and such.
Only potential issue I see is that older iPhones like my 4S won't probably be supported to talk with iWatch or may be with super limited functionality.

I have been using Sony smartwatch MN2 for the last three years.
https://www.techenclave.com/communi...-india-for-rs-6299.135492/page-2#post-1690609
Once the novelty factor fades away, you'll start to understand the pros and cons from a practical POV.
  • Battery life is the Achilles heel. You'll convince yourself that it can be managed, but in reality it becomes a PITA. There are numerous situations where I wore it like a dumb/dead accessory. Proprietary cables add to the woes.
  • Ruggedness - They cannot be handled like any other luxury watch owing to the limited spares or no spares at all. In case of Sony, it was advertised as scratch resistant glass, but scratches started to show up from the day of purchase. You cannot even replace the glass. They don't sell spares and in case your watch dies after warranty, all you can do is buy another from the service centre by selling the old watch at pro rata value.
  • Privacy - Even though my phone is locked, still anyone can access certain data from my watch. In certain situations, your privacy is violated, it just publicly throws up notifications on the screen. There should have been some sort of filter or control over it.
  • Lack of support - There was an active dev group and numerous apps in its hey day.
  • Phone battery drain - Contrary to what I had expected. I expected phone battery to last longer since I would be using my watch for most of the notifications. But the reality is otherwise, there were situations when my phone battery was completely drained out due to random connection loss from watch.
  • Unstable - Unstable apps, Unstable connections, random restarts. To add salt to injury, it even kills the apps you were using, while restarting at random
  • Limited availability accessories/add-ons/HW customizations atleast in India.
I want to go back to traditional watches, but I couldn't, after getting used to the added convenience of more information than a traditional watch.
The only watch that I would put my money on, is the Moto 360, thanks to the practical h/w and being backed by android wear, long term support shouldn't be a problem.
LG Urbane is another such example. But would you want to spend over 15-20k on a watch? That's another debate.

Pebble color seems to be a practical and affordable smart watch for the time being.[DOUBLEPOST=1438673551][/DOUBLEPOST]EDIT: Should have looked at the posted dates. *EPIC FACEPALM*

Back