Graphic Cards Will my cpu bottleneck the gpu????

harryrupam

Disciple
HELLO...IN MY PC SPEC. I HAVE CORE 2 DUO E7200 @2.53 GHz.... I HAVE 2 GB DDR2 RAM...I'M PLANNING TO BUY A HD 6770 WHICH IS THE SAME AS 5770...MY QUESTION IS WILL MY CPU BOTTLENECK THE CARD??? I'M GONNA PLAY CRYSIS,CRYSIS 2,BFBC2 ETC GAMES LIKE THIS..AND I WANT MAX OUT AT THE 1280X1024 RESOLUTION....WILL I FACE ANY PROBLEM?? I'M UPGRADING FROM MY NVIDIA 8600GT DDR2 512MB...PLEASE HELP..I NEED SUGGESTION....

whats your psu,cpu will just work with 6770 as it's mid range card.for the games like bfbc2,crysis2 you will have to add more ram to play at very high settings.

Firstly, don't shout.

Secondly, yes you should be able to play the games as long as the PSU can handle the load of the GPU. However, 2GB of RAM will not be enough, you will need more RAM for games to work smoothly. Also posting the specs will help in clarifying many of your doubts.

If you type like that i am sure even an i7 will be a bottleneck :p

Oh. .I keed. .

I am sure you'll be fine. . but a word of caution : Even though b/w wise you may not get bottleneck issue, but most games use Quad core now (BFBC2 and subsequent) so you may not get the best FPS.

My 2 cents.

Performance will have a hit for sure compared to a quad core, but not even close to being unplayable. Means its enough to give a smooth playable fps as long as ur GPU can handle it. Add more RAM, and if you have a good PSU, then take the CPU to some 3~3.3 Ghz. Can be done on stock voltage and stock cooler, but will give a good boost in performance with the 6770.

harryrupam said:
HELLO...IN MY PC SPEC. I HAVE CORE 2 DUO E7200 @2.53 GHz.... I HAVE 2 GB DDR2 RAM...I'M PLANNING TO BUY A HD 6770 WHICH IS THE SAME AS 5770...MY QUESTION IS WILL MY CPU BOTTLENECK THE CARD??? I'M GONNA PLAY CRYSIS,CRYSIS 2,BFBC2 ETC GAMES LIKE THIS..AND I WANT MAX OUT AT THE 1280X1024 RESOLUTION....WILL I FACE ANY PROBLEM?? I'M UPGRADING FROM MY NVIDIA 8600GT DDR2 512MB...PLEASE HELP..I NEED SUGGESTION....

With that resolution, the GPU will be hardly used. CPU should be able to churn out the teeny weeny bit what the GPU requires. Enjoy.

Also If it does although i am sure it will not,try overclocking your CPU..then it would be just fine. :) But do keep in mind about your PSU it might mess things up real bad which you haven't mentioned. Kindly Mention your PSU too. :)

Back