Will Ecom bubble will burst in India soon ?

Just like Dot com bubble burst in USA..

Real estate bubble burst in Arab countries...

will there be a ecom bubble burst in India, Yebhi.com is planning to file bankruptcy very soon (wasted 300-400 crore of investors)

No one can say for sure. They have a lot of business, and they have deep pockets, with people sitting at their doorsteps waiting to make them even deeper. Some of the larger ones can last for at least another 4-5 years. Smaller ones or ones who do not evolve to keep pace with the times will keep getting wiped out and replaced with new ones.

An e.g. of a new type of ecom site: bifme.in I found this very interesting.

I am not sure if there is even a bubble in ecom in India right now. Most of the ecom companies loose money, even Amazon after all these years has not technically made any money.

India has just too much population, so in next 10-15 years we will almost at the same place where china is right now(number of people using ecom sites). So there is a lot lot more scope for growth.

Growth definitely will be there .According to me in next 30 years ecommerce companies have a birght future. The population of india, crowded cities, will be helping. I think people will go out only to dine out hence restrau business will be very lucrative in coming years. I totally avoid now buying from shop as they dont return the item once they are sold. Where as ecommerce sites have a good return policy

Is there a bubble? Most of these companies are privately held and and are trying out ideas. I haven't heard of any outrageous valuations like in the dot com era (late 90s) in US.

However, considering how some Indian e-com sites operate, I would love to see a few of them sink. I am fed up with snapdeal manipulating google search results and flipkart's cluttered webpage with so much javascript it gives me seizures.

@AMG lolz :p

also does all this implies, in future all brick and mortar store will tend to die (footwear and apparel) ?

i cam across many friend who switched back to local store, just due to the reason, the pic displayed is life apart from the item delivered :p

Back