PC Peripherals Why doesn't my HDMI cable transmit sound properly?

Conf. of my PC is:

AMD X4 635 pro

Gig 785 G mobo

TV - Panasonic 42" plasma

I have recently bought a HDMI cable and connected it to my TV with my PC. On the Ist day it did'nt transmitted the sound but I was not able to figure out the problem so I closed the PC.

Next day when I opened the PC on the TV, it was transmitting the sound too and was working perfectly.

Now today when I opened the PC with the TV, I again donot find any sound. My TV showed me a message saying that if i am connecting a HDMI - DVI cable, then I have to attach another wire for transferring the sound to the TV which I had not done last time.

Pls tell where could the problem be ?

Regards

Rohit

Keep the HDMI cable connected, restart the computer.

Right click on the volume icon on system tray and select Playback devices. In that HDMI audio will be there. Right click and make default.

you dont need any other cable for HDMI sound output.. its just that the default playback device must be set to the default audio jack in your computer.. just click the speaker icon, click mixer, and then in the main volume control column, click the devices pop down menu, and click on HDMI output.. if you set it to default, you wont get sound from your 3.5mm audio jack.. and vice versa..

you dont need any other cable for HDMI sound output.. its just that the default playback device must be set to the default audio jack in your computer.. just click the speaker icon, click mixer, and then in the main volume control column, click the devices pop down menu, and click on HDMI output.. if you set it to default, you wont get sound from your 3.5mm audio jack.. and vice versa..

I made it the default, but the next time i started my PC, the problem came again and I had to reinstall the drivers again but the problem is still there. Sometimes it goes to dafault automatically and automatically comes back to speaker system as default.

Pls help....

Apologies to hijack the thread .i am facing some wired issue. I connect my panny v20 to my laptop with HDMI cable. Audio is transmitting with wired cracking sound. Cracking sound comes after every x sconds. Please help me on this ...

Apologies to hijack the thread .i am facing some wired issue. I connect my panny v20 to my laptop with HDMI cable. Audio is transmitting with wired cracking sound. Cracking sound comes after every x sconds. Please help me on this ...

have you tried with this with multiple files and different players??? the sound from same source is fine on your headphones or if speakers connected directly??? have you tried using the same HDMI cable with some other source??? like some DVD player or a friends computer??? have you tried connecting your source to some other TV??? after doing all this, you will automatically narrow down the cause of your problem to whether its a problem of your HDMI cable, your source or if theres a loose connection problem on the jack of your television....

I made it the default, but the next time i started my PC, the problem came again and I had to reinstall the drivers again but the problem is still there. Sometimes it goes to dafault automatically and automatically comes back to speaker system as default.

Pls help....

yes.. this might happen on some computers... but you dont need to reinstall the drivers again and again.. its just that if the default playback device doesnt revert to laptop speakers automatically after removing the HDMI cable, you will just have to do it manually.. this same problem occurs on many laptops..and not necessarily everytime.. sometimes it does, sometimes it does not....

this kind of switching everytime is necessary as HDMI is a digital interface and not an analogue where the output signal can just be transferred to any device by connecting the wires.. the signal has to be digitally routed via the motherboard soundcard to the HDMI output device..

why don't you set the default sound renderer in the media player instead of the os?

example: windows media player classic allows you to set your choice of sound renderer irrespective of what the default sound device is in windows.

why don't you set the default sound renderer in the media player instead of the os?

example: windows media player classic allows you to set your choice of sound renderer irrespective of what the default sound device is in windows.

i was thinking that too, but the thing is, it might not necessarily work because the end routing of the audio output is done via the hardware driver which would be set to PC speakers. .. but i am not sure.. its worth a try...

the reason i am skeptical about this is that even though the player streams to the signal to the HDMI output device, the hardware driver is still routing the signal to the 3.5 mm audio output jack, and the HDMI device is basically turned off ...

but again, i am not 100 percent sure.. it might work on some computers.. because it does not on my HP laptop..

Back