Storage Solutions Which SSD is faster?

As expected both are quite fast processors(i5 8400 is a bit faster than i7 7700) & with that much ram no wonder you can see the NVMe improvement.

Here is an interesting comparison that uses both games and regular apps
The difference is substantial barring a single game where probably the CPU becomes the bottleneck
For what it's worth, I maintain that using nvme over sata gives you a very high ROI esp for your OS/apps/photos.. Add the fact that even the absolute price difference is not much and a nvme becomes a no-brainer for someone putting together a mid-end or high-end rig

^^Exactly. Also Samsung 860 evo is ~30% faster than crucial MX300(in fact this point itself raises major doubt as Crucial own MX500 is almost similar to Samsung 860 evo so why not that instead of using a slower MX300). Another point to note is that almost nobody "extract a 30GB zip file" which will obviously depend on sequential read/write speeds in which NVMe have a clear advantage. Same is the case with games where it is not mentioned what was the approx. size of map & above all no info about processor & ram used(in any system with NVMe,ram & processor are the bottleneck).

Back