Which Split AC to buy - Mitsubhi, Daikin or Panasonic?

Hi,

I plan to buy few split AC in different capacity: 0.75 Ton, 1.5 Ton and 2 Ton. Can someone please help in evaluating, which is better from Mitsubhi, Daikin or Panasonic. ACs to run for 6-8 hours daily and hence I was thinking of Invertor or 5 star.

As much detail that can be sent will be really appreciated.

You should include OGeneral also in the list. I have been using it for almost 3 years (1.5T split AC, 3 Star)
Awesome cooling and no issues whatsoever.

All the best for your purchase.

Ogeneral & Daikin both are best in cooling Daikins cooling is refreshing type you can check that
personally using LG window & Samsung split AC but next summer I will adding a Daikin for my new home theatre room

Regards
JJ

Pick up a Mitsubishi/Sharp/Panasonic in that order. Daikins and Generals are not what they used to be these days ever since local assembly started on them.

Personally I use 2 panasonics. However I'm pretty sure my next aircon will be Sharp. They are the most vfm aircons these days.

I missed to mention Sharp they are really good, but can you throw some light on their service ?
How is the overall performance & service of Panasonic Compared to others ?
Are you using their Inverter ac ?
Regards
JJ

Nothing worth complaining on the panasonics. Performance is good and so is service. Mine were bought before inverters became affordable so no they are not inverters.

I have a couple of new sharp inverters and a hitachi in my calcutta home. Parents are very happy about the sharp aircons - very good cooling and very low electricity consumption.

Last edited:
Pick up a Mitsubishi/Sharp/Panasonic in that order. Daikins and Generals are not what they used to be these days ever since local assembly started on them.

Personally I use 2 panasonics. However I'm pretty sure my next aircon will be Sharp. They are the most vfm aircons these days.

Thanks... But from Mitusubhi which is better Heavy or Electric? And I plan to buy the Panasonic Invertor 2 Ton since that is cheaper than other models 2 Ton 5 star models. Any suggestion on this?

MHI is apparently better than Mitsubishi electric. As I mentioned earlier, my experience with panasonic has been very good.

MHI is apparently better than Mitsubishi electric. As I mentioned earlier, my experience with panasonic has been very good.
Thanks all.. I have a different dilema now. I went to the store to enquire and finalize on Mitsubishi Heavy but that store owner says Mitsubishi Electric is better since in Mitsubishi Heavy the spare parts are not easily found. And he was saying the same for Panasonic. Can anyone help or give more light on this issue?

He is just trying to fool you cause i think he will get more margin on electric series i have seen in a lot of showrooms over here that use heavy series most of them seem happy about it

Mitsubishi Electric is also good - if its offered at a decent price with good support, I'd say pick it up. What kind of quotes are you getting?

Mitsubishi Electric is also good - if its offered at a decent price with good support, I'd say pick it up. What kind of quotes are you getting?
I have been asking for Panasonic Invertor 2 Ton since thats the cheapest compared to Mitsubhi Electric, Mitsubishi Heavy or Daikin and I assume it will save more energy. Other quotes for 0.75 Ton and 1.5 Ton I have are from Mitsubhi Electric, Mitsubishi Heavy or Daikin.

MHI, for me. Got 3 HVAC's (Hyper Inverters) in Gurgaon... excellent. Use them the throughout the year nearly!! Need to get a good installer. I used a guy who came all the way from Patiala, 5hrs drive from my place!!

Look if you are looking for AC then go for Japanese AC's like Daikin and Mitsubishi but Daikin have 5 years warranty period and have good service centres but Mitsubishi didn't have good service centres. And Daikin is one of Leading brand in AC and if we compare as performance wise it is best performance and less power consumption AC. So go For Daikin or Hitachi otherwise Mitsubishi. :)

Inverter AC's are preferred not only by energy saving point of view but also beacuse they provide a much more comfortable cooling. In most cases, the energy savings alone may not justify the extra cost of an inverter AC over a 5 star AC from same brand, but according to me it's the comfort factor that tilts the scale in front of inverter AC.
Daikin, Hitachi, Mitsubishi, Panasonic etc , all are good brand in my opinion. Mitsubishi, Toshiba and MHI, cost a premium because they are fully imported units and it is right that availability of spares may be a problem for them.
According to my research, all indian manufactured brands, except Hitachi, are priced at a similar level. Compare street price of any AC from DAIKIN,Panasonic, LG, Voltas, Samsung or even Onida or Godrej; with similar specs they will be priced at similar level. The difference is that except Daikin, other brands have lower spec and lower priced AC's as well in their product lineup.

According to my research, all indian manufactured brands, except Hitachi, are priced at a similar level. Compare street price of any AC from DAIKIN,Panasonic, LG, Voltas, Samsung or even Onida or Godrej; with similar specs they will be priced at similar level. The difference is that except Daikin, other brands have lower spec and lower priced AC's as well in their product lineup.
What about O General and Daikin? I heard they use really good quality parts. And also will there be any problem with availability of spares?

I also heard that Daikin, Carrier, O General etc are good for corporations/companies, but not for home users when it comes to Customer Support.

Back