I need RAM recommendations for the following setup:

Processor: Ryzen 1600X
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

CPU Cooler To Be Used: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo

RAM Requirement: 16GB of RAM (8GB X 2).
Usage: Gaming.
GPU: RX480
PSU: Seasonic X-750 Gold

I'm thinking about these two presently but there is an almost 6k price difference between the two (locally) so input regarding the same will be appreciated:

1. G.Skill Ripjaws V@2400 MHz (F4-2400C15S-8GVR) - 11k
2. G.Skill Trident Z @3200 MHz - 17k

Kindly recommend.

Regards,
Black_Hawk

Long time dada, not active on the whatapp group? The difference between 2666mhz and 3000 mhz is only 1% for gaming, I recommend you go for 2400 or 3000 which you should get for around 14-15k.

Long time dada, not active on the whatapp group? The difference between 2666mhz and 3000 mhz is only 1% for gaming, I recommend you go for 2400 or 3000 which you should get for around 14-15k.

Hey @Jasku, hope your doing well brother.

Yup, your correct. I did some further reading and poking around on the internet and looks like the general consensus is I'll be fine with the 2400MHz RAM sticks. I'll be getting the Ripjaws. Thanks for your input, appreciate it! :)

Hey @Jasku, hope your doing well brother.

Yup, your correct. I did some further reading and poking around on the internet and looks like the general consensus is I'll be fine with the 2400MHz RAM sticks. I'll be getting the Ripjaws. Thanks for your input, appreciate it! :)

Good luck with the purchase, the IT depot had the Gskill Trident RGB 3200 for 15.7k - https://www.theitdepot.com/details-...esktop+RAM+(F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)_C6P28059.html, but MD/Vedant should give you better prices. Btw, I just pulled the trigger on the R7 1700 and Trident RGB 3000 mhz ram yesterday too, hoping my relative will be able to carry it over.

Thanks mate, i just double checked I ordered the Corsair Rgb. You should definitely get the trident rgb, looks much better.

Will do brother. Trouble is I spent quite a bit of money in the recent sale from Amazon and Flipkart so I'm a poor man now. ;)

I just built a rig with Ryzen 1600 and Gskill trident z 16GB RAM (2x8GB) on the same mobo rog strix b350f gaming. RAM is this one. Go to this link for more info.

Long story short, I am not able to run this RAM at full 3000 MHz but only at 2600 now. I was able to run it at 2800 for a few days after which it got unstable and is now running only at 2666. I have the latest BIOS and I am working on getting it working. I am not writing this to recommend you to not buy this RAM but just to make you aware. Reason is maybe Ripjaws will also behave the same way. I dont know. So, just to make you aware. This RAM is in no way bad and I am sure that this situation will get better in time. And, yes if you have a transparent panel, you will never go back to non LED RAM kits once you have used trident Z. hehe..

Also, just fyi. Gskill is working on getting out trident z RAM especially marked for compatibility with ryzen. Please see this link.

I just built a rig with Ryzen 1600 and Gskill trident z 16GB RAM (2x8GB) on the same mobo rog strix b350f gaming. RAM is this one. Go to this link for more info.

Long story short, I am not able to run this RAM at full 3000 MHz but only at 2600 now. I was able to run it at 2800 for a few days after which it got unstable and is now running only at 2666. I have the latest BIOS and I am working on getting it working. I am not writing this to recommend you to not buy this RAM but just to make you aware. Reason is maybe Ripjaws will also behave the same way. I dont know. So, just to make you aware. This RAM is in no way bad and I am sure that this situation will get better in time. And, yes if you have a transparent panel, you will never go back to non LED RAM kits once you have used trident Z. hehe..

Also, just fyi. Gskill is working on getting out trident z RAM especially marked for compatibility with ryzen. Please see this link.

Have you updated to the latest bios and have you tried setting the timings manually?

If you have a Ryzen processor and/or are going to use this for a lot more than gaming (and the performance difference is going to be relevant to you), go with the Trident Z.

If you have an Intel processor and/or are going to be primarily gaming, go with the Ripjaws.

The faster memory isn't really going to help gaming much at all. 2400MHz mem is completely fine. I'm using 2133MHz sticks and my rig runs like butter. Get the 3000MHz only if you have a Ryzen build or if you really think the extra 6k is going to give you peace of mind.

Back