Storage Solutions Which one is better SSD

Prosenjit

Reseller
[h=1]OCZ 2.5 SSD VTX3-25SAT3-120G[/h][h=1]Crucial 128GB m4 2.5 inch SATA 6GBs SSD[/h][h=1]Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5[/h]
You can suggest another SSD in this range.

I am a hardcore gamer, I need only performance.

Thanks in advance.

I'd vote for Crucial due to excellent Marvell controller and very low failure rate compared to Corsair and OCZ . You'll get consistent speeds on all types of incompressible and compressible data. SSD doesn't add much to games fps except the quick launch time. It doesn't help much in loading time too. So, Get Crucial for peace of mind and performance at same time. You've to buy a 3.5" bracket though to mount it inside your case which is a letdown.

The Crucial is available with PrimeABGB.
Since Crucial doesnt have an official presence in India, warranty is probably handled by Prime themselves.

12k for the Samsung 830 doesn't seem worth it, with the M4 only 8.5k.
4KB random R/W is slower than the M4.

So in case if something happens to the SSD we have to ship it to primeABGB who will in turn handle the RMA ??
Guess so.
Can someone check with PrimeABGB?

Can someone check with PrimeABGB?

I've mailed Crucial with some queries. Let's see how it goes. :)

Planning for a M4 128GB to replace the current Mushkin 60 GB SSD which is close to 2 years old. Currently one of the most VFM drives considering Prime has it for 9000 INR. Just worried about the support part in case I am going to need it in the future.

Question:

Hello,

I am Ganesh Balan from India. It appears Crucial SSDs were unavailable in the Indian markets for a long time since its launch and some of us were able to source it from abroad.

I have few queries concerning the purchase of an M4 SSD:

1. Will Crucial honor the warranty of an SSD if it is purchased from say US and is being used in India at the moment? i.e. to say Global Warranty of some sort?

2. Recently a retailer based in India - Prime ABGB has listed some Crucial M4 drives in their website. Here is the link - Crucial

Is this an official import and can I buy it from this retailer instead? Who will honor the warranty? Would it be the retailer directly or a third-party with whom Crucial has tie-ups with?

I would be glad if the Customer Service can give me prompt responses for the above queries.

Thank you and have a good day!
Ganesh

Response:

Hello Ganesh,

Thank you for contacting Crucial. We do not ship to India from the United States. That would be handled by our UK website. Their website is crucial.com/uk and you can order directly from them. They would also be the ones who you would contact for any RMA warranty exchanges.

If you ordered the SSD in the United States and it was sent to India, you would still need to create a RMA with the UK website. We do provide 3rd party exchanges after 45 days. Within 45 days you would need to take your product back to the place of purchase. We do have many authorized resellers, but I am not familiar with Prime ABGB.

If you have further questions, please visit the Crucial Community at Memory (RAM) upgrades, usb drives, solid state drives (SSD) at Crucial.com. For sales questions, try our online chat service at Crucial.com - Contact Customer Service. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Mountain Time). At Crucial, we are committed to providing high-quality products and reliable service and support.

Have a great day!

JOHN ATKINS
Sales & Support Representative
Tel: (800) 336-8896 (US & Canada only)
Tel: (208) 363-5790
Fax: (208) 363-5501
mailto:crucial.service@micron.com

So Prime ABGB isn't an authorised reseller? Probably Gulbir is importing these and is providing support from their end.

Ahem ... If Crucial doesn't has any Indian distributors yet, I'd avoid them since warranty will be an issue. Even then M4 is known for its reliability and consistent performance, hope it doesn't end up like OCZ which needs to be RMA'ed every now and then.
As of now, if you've little more money to spend, get Corsair Performance PRO series SSD from Prime ABGB, they've same marvell controller but I'm not sure if 128GB ones are available.

Back